350z DE DRL Reflector LEDs - All Sold

cs2000

Yep. I dare say you could do it by just moving the wheel arch liners, but youd probably have no skin left on your hands afterwards!

I include a guide for removal and fitting and tbh its really not that hard, total of about 12 bolts and a few plastic clips.

Any soldering and such like required during the fitting?

Lol octet, I promise, everything is somewhere on its way to me. Somewhere between USA and here. Logically id expect them to turn up today or tomorrow :) don't worry wait is almost over!

Aliensurfer, nope none. I provide you with four scotch lock connectors so you can connect the fly leads from the LED's into the sidelight wires, that's it :)

Lol octet, I promise, everything is somewhere on its way to me. Somewhere between USA and here. Logically id expect them to turn up today or tomorrow :) don't worry wait is almost over!

Aliensurfer, nope none. I provide you with four scotch lock connectors so you can connect the fly leads from the LED's into the sidelight wires, that's it :)

Then I'm sold. Add me to the list for a set of the Silver / Clear ones please :)

3 sets of silvers turned up today, as such im just measuring up and drilling, will do the LED's wiring and silicone tomorrow

Wondering where the black ones have gotten too though. Im sure they will arrive soon :)

Fluke. The main and longest part of doing these is the measuring and drilling.

As soon as the black ones turn up and I've done the above too them il order the 3rd lot.

I really expected the black ones last week so hoping they arrive very soon.

In on holiday in 24 days, hence me doing a whole load of these at once ;)

Chris, why not take a piece of metal that fits inside the lip on the backside of the reflector, mark up the holes for the LEDs and drill them out, that way you have an easy to use template to reuse again and again.

Cuts down on production time ;)

Was just thinking this myself. Would cut measuring time down drastically :)

Indeed it would I guess, massively too. I did do it once with some card, but the un-even rear surface makes a template difficult(there are ridges of plastic for re-enforcement of the attachment points), that, and the fact these curve too.

I could do something rough in metal I guess :)

EDIT: I've just remembered something from School. Polymorph plastic. This will speed up the measuring and drilling hugely ;) Can melt this plastic and create a reverse template for the rear of the reflectors, then simply do my measuring once (on the polymorph), drill through this and et' voila a plastic mould.

If/when it wears out and my drill guides are less then perfect I can just melt the plastic and start again :)

Edited by cs2000

So, as the 3 people who have ordered the silver ones will know, all the measuring, drilling and silicone work was done a few days ago, 2 hours worth of work this evening and we have.....

A0EDB424-9AB5-4174-845C-68403AD0AE5C-10609-000006F1C6017214.jpg

So, time to test these overnight, il post them out Wednesday morning to ensure they get a full test.

As im sure you all will realise, the differing brightness levels and small colour variations are because of the very directional nature of LED's and the fact the light is being dispersed by the reflector surface, they're all exactly the same colour and brightness :thumbs:

Just a quick update, the ones above will be posted tomorrow, so expect your tracking numbers.

The black reflectors arrived in the country a few days ago, but sadly I now have to pay customs fees :rant: so they're at the post office. With this in mind il hopefully get them built somehow over the weekend and have then out mid-late next week.

Batch 3, ive ordered your parts today :)

Chris, why not take a piece of metal that fits inside the lip on the backside of the reflector, mark up the holes for the LEDs and drill them out, that way you have an easy to use template to reuse again and again.

Cuts down on production time ;)

send me a drawing mate and ill cut you one on the laser from 3mm stainless no charge.

just postage and its yours

That's very kind of you!

Il try my best when the next set comes in, but the back is a little tricky. Maybe it would be good if I take an imprint with the mouldable plastic and send you that, you then have a mould to copy from :)

Received my reflectors yesterday Chris :thumbs: , I couldn't resist fitting them when i got home from work :D They look awesome, wasn't difficult to fit either. They look much better than the orange ones in the day too. Here's a few quick pics i took lastnight, the quality isn't very good as i took them on my iphone 5....

IMG_1294_zpsf8b63e26.jpg

IMG_1292_zps9c5cb3be.jpg