Unsolicited sales Emails at work

ATTAK Z

Emails are bad, but the phone calls for PPI are driving me up the wall, either a call centre or automated.

Chris,

Someone on here put me onto a little device called "Call Blocker" somewhere around £50 I think. I was getting bombarded with calls from PPI, Windows Help, Charities, Accident Claims plus a load from home improvement companies. I was seriously considering changing my number and going Ex directory to stop these parasites from badgering me. Since I've had phone blocker it's been so peaceful...the phone will ring just once and the caller will hear a short message , as most calls are automated they just get cut off after the one ring. A genuine caller will be asked to press a number to get through....brilliant, problem solved :).

Pete

Emails are bad, but the phone calls for PPI are driving me up the wall, either a call centre or automated.

We get loads more automated calls here than in the UK, but they always show the city of origin on the phone or we get a pop up who is calling on the TV B)

Its a good job we only know 6 people here, dont need to bother answering calls form Ontario, Seattle, Florida, NY . . . . the list goes on :lol:

We get loads more automated calls here than in the UK, but they always show the city of origin on the phone or we get a pop up who is calling on the TV B)

Its a good job we only know 6 people here, dont need to bother answering calls form Ontario, Seattle, Florida, NY . . . . the list goes on :lol:

I've traced some of our calls to Peru and Australia :scare: . There's a site called "Who Called Me" that you can lookup numbers on.

Pete

+1. When you're communicating from your workplace (which Hugh was) then it's actually the correct thing to do.

Pete

While I can appreciate that in principal, in practice I very rarely, if ever find I need to know someone's academic or professional achievements when there is no context - ie just a MSc, BSc at the end of a name - it has no relevance. I can appreciate it has a certain historical founding but as with Dblock, it winds me up these days because more often than not the person doing it is willy waving.

• Like 1

Got peed off with unsolicited Emails today so this guy got an answer he maybe didn't expect

Date: 26/4/2013 14:51

Subject: On A happy note

Good Afternoon

I hope you are all well?

All week we have all been working hard so I thought why not add a little fun to the end of our week!!

I have attached a small 10 question quiz to give us all a small break from our day to day routine. please feel free to reply with your answers to the quiz.

Anyone getting 100% will be entered into our prize draw to win a mystery prize.

Let’s hope this sunshine stays for our weekend!!!

Have a great weekend!!

Thanks & Kind Regards

Darren

so I sent an unsolicited reply to Darren -

Hi Darren

Thanks for your kind wishes and hopes. Unfortunately, I feel it is my duty to inform you that my health is not very good. I was diagnosed with Cancer last year and I'm basically just waiting to die. I'm clinging on to my job in the expectation that my dependants will receive mega amounts of money when I die at my desk (I'm fortunately in the *** Pension Fund which will pay out 3 times my salary following my death providing I manage to keep attending the workplace).

You will no doubt be pleased to hear that I am not in much pain ... I regard it more as slight discomfort rather than searing pain, also the fact that I really enjoy my job makes everything so much easier.

I'm afraid I shall not be joining in your quiz due to the fact that I have much more important things to do such as making my will; however you could tempt me if you would let me know what the mystery prize is ... maybe a trip to Disney World with my lovely granddaughter whose eighth birthday I doubt I shall ever see.

Many thanks for your wishes regarding the weekend. My plans include testing the electric wheelchair I have been offered by the Mobility people and one final walk around the village with my dog to say goodbye to both my friends.

On a lighter note, I have looked at your website and discovered that there is nothing there that really tempts me.

In conclusion I would request that you stop sending me unsolicited Emails and that you leave me alone with my friends and family to face a quiet end to my life.

Kindest regards

Hugh ******* BSc (Hons)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

cool-story-bro-spongebob-squarepants-KQIrmH.jpg

32659661.jpg

I don't have letters after my name.......

I don't see any issue with adding them if you do in the right context, flexib is a perfect example. He's a professional and it's probably important for his clients to be aware of his memberships/academia what I don't like is when people add them to internal emails and this does become a little willy waving. As I said I don't have any and couldn't care less, done reasonably well for myself so far :)

Brilliant SMD, we have had some fun with similar things over the years..... Helps when you looked after the enterprise mail system ;)

The other thing that is a bit of a bugbear for me is auto replies, I've seen people add mahoosive sized images in to them.... Grrr sorry bit OT

Dblock, do you have letters to put after your name?

No but that's not why I think it's naff. Even if I had a phd I wouldn't stuff it down people's throat.

There's a minority of people who slate people who drive expensive cars (Ferrari's etc), calling them ******* and show off's etc. The people who do this are the sort that don't own said cars and never will.

Anyone that has spent a decade going through GCSE's, A-Levels, Degree's, Master's and a Doctorate, have earnt the right to flaunt it to all and sundry.

Edited by Sarnie

No but that's not why I think it's naff. Even if I had a phd I wouldn't stuff it down people's throat.

There's a minority of people who slate people who drive expensive cars (Ferrari's etc), calling them ******* and show off's etc. The people who do this are the sort that don't own said cars and never will.

Anyone that has spent a decade going through GCSE's, A-Levels, Degree's, Master's and a Doctorate, have earnt the right to flaunt it to all and sundry.

There is a difference there. If you drive a nice car then that's good for you/them. It's a sign of success and good taste. But if you stuff the fact you drive a Ferrari down someone's throat then you will come across like a bell end. For most people buying a nice car is above a sign of success etc but for a small minority it's an ego thing. They will bring it up or constantly bang on about it. A lot of my family have these degrees but even they dont do the titles thing. If you have to tell someone you are clever your probably not.

I don't doubt these degrees are hard work etc etc but it is in no way a sign of how intelligent a person is.

A.great deal of intellectuals I've met over the years I've found to be the thickest when it come to the real world . Visa versa I've found the dumbest people I've met to be the most smart in the real world . there's always a trade of in anything in life , I've always had the "average " sticker from school to now and it suits me fine :teeth: . The average will inherit the earth we are quiet but have huge numbers ;) .

There is a difference there. If you drive a nice car then that's good for you/them. It's a sign of success and good taste. But if you stuff the fact you drive a Ferrari down someone's throat then you will come across like a bell end. For most people buying a nice car is above a sign of success etc but for a small minority it's an ego thing. They will bring it up or constantly bang on about it. A lot of my family have these degrees but even they dont do the titles thing. If you have to tell someone you are clever your probably not.

I don't doubt these degrees are hard work etc etc but it is in no way a sign of how intelligent a person is.

Your argument is completely flawed and entirely based around your own inferiority complex. Your perception is that anyone who puts letters after their name is waving their willy. You state that people with letters after their name are no more intelligent, but again that's YOUR perception.

People putting letters after their name doesn't bother me, but then that's because I could letters after my own name, and therefore it doesn't make me feel inferior ;)