Go on my son!!!!

Builder49

Due to the fact that in my son's eyes I'm an old git, he was totally miffed when I purchased the Z as he had always loved the look of them.

A couple of months ago I traded it in for an S5 (something I'm still regretting a tad as I miss 'Miss Marmite'). At this point I thought he might go out and buy a 350 for himself, but he reckoned the insurance was rediculous as he is only 22.

Last weekend we went to pick up his new purchase as in his words "I want a decent motor with some oomph". So we went last Friday to pick up a nicely priced (IMO) 335i. Semi-auto with satnav etc.

Have to say having driven it that it is a lovely beast. Far less refined than my S5 and slower in a straight line, but faster and more fun around bends.

Still miss my Z though, so thinking of one as a promo vehicle LOL.

Anyway, here's a few pics.

P1020012_zps8c4a6d7f.jpg

P1020011_zps507b3fda.jpg

P1020010_zpsd454c7a4.jpg

P1020009_zpsb8d03980.jpg

P1020008_zps86638499.jpg

P1020013_zps8c9fb3c8.jpg

do you both work in insurance? ;)

What exactly do you do Builder?

He's a cake maker hence the user name Ricey :lol:

official title is Company Director, hence cheap insurance (lower risk than a builder), dont exactly know why though????

Does Ricey work in paddy fields Wasso? LOL

Edited by Builder49

hmmmm, and the insurance was cheaper on the beamer then was it?

I was 24 when I got my zed, no ncb. Insured for 558 quid for a 10 month policy. Subsequently, it has now gone down to 410 quid for 12 month policy! (now that I'm 25, all of a sudden I am less likely to wreck it)

Edited by HARMLU

I was 24 when I got my zed, no ncb. Insured for 558 quid for a 10 month policy. Subsequently, it has now gone down to 410 quid for 12 month policy! (now that I'm 25, all of a sudden I am less likely to wreck it)

Lucky you. I'm 30, 13 years ncb & my final 4 payments from changing mid policy are £104 odd!!! Was cheaper when I was younger & wasn't a home owner

Lucky you. I'm 30, 13 years ncb & my final 4 payments from changing mid policy are £104 odd!!! Was cheaper when I was younger & wasn't a home owner

But it's so worth it! :teeth:

I wouldn't agree there lol. At ten payment that's £1040 to do less than 5000 miles a year which at my age sucks arse massively

do you both work in insurance? ;)

What exactly do you do Builder?

He's a cake maker hence the user name Ricey :lol:

Take it you boys missed the lesson in 'how to spot posts dripping with sarcasm' then? :lol:

Ha ha you can't back track now..... ;)

I wouldn't agree there lol. At ten payment that's £1040 to do less than 5000 miles a year which at my age sucks arse massively

Good Maths :thumbs:

Ouch! Are you in a bad postcode or something? I've got much less NCB on my Zed's policy than you, but at the same age pay half your premium for double the mileage including business use.