WORST Dealership service of my life!

stuarty

I bought a used BMW Z4 that is an approved used BMW!

As part of the sale the sales manager agreed to carry out a geometry check and adjust, replace 3 missing plastic pieces of trim from the roof hinges and to paint the front bumper.

When i picked up the car none of the above had been carried out. The sales manager apologised and said service would be in touch with me. A week later nothing, so i contacted them myself. They asked me to drive the 40 mile round trip to drop the car off. They supplied me with a courtesy car.

They called me later to pick up my car, when i got there still nothing done as they had to order parts!

They then charged me £15 to cover the courtesy cars insurance.

I got a call saying parts were in stock and tried to book the car in, but as there was a dispute between sales and service regarding who was paying for my bumper to get painted they couldnt give me a date. The bodyshop had already been paid to paint the bumper by the previous owner just before he traded it in and sales said it should still be covered by bodyshop warranty.

Anyway took my car to them on monday and they had agreed to drop me of in glasgow so i could get a train home as i didnt want to pay for there courtesy car for 4 days. I got there they had no drivers available so i had to walk to the nearest train station and get 2 trains and a bus home!

Got a phone call today saying my car was ready, so i got my son to drop me off. I inspected my bumper in the car park before i went in. It was terrible they had not painted it, just a "smart repair" with an aerosol can.

I asked to speak to the bodyshop manager, who was really arrogant towards me. He said he had only to paint the front part under the grill. I said it was all patchy and he said it was not his problem.

I asked for the service manager, i asked her if it is acceptable for them to have my car for 4 days to carry out a geometry check and wet and dry a bit of my bumper and give it adusting of paint with a spray can?

She agreed sales had paid for the whole bumper to be painted and everything else i had asked for. She also mentioned the roof trim hadnt been fitted as it was out of stock???

I told her if she didnt get something sorted asap, i would be dropping the car back at sales and they could deal with it.

I also asked her if i went home and put a nice Armani suit on would i get treated with a bit more respect from there bodyshop manager.

As a result they now have my car till next week and i'm driving a 520d!

I also had to phone my car detailer as it was booked in for next monday for a full detail, so i feel bad incase the guy loses a days pay!!

Totally pi**ed off to say the least!

You should not have tp pay for there **** ups insurance etc I would expect to be paid for my loss off time and money but I would tell them to keep the car and go else where I would also tell them I will be posting on the car club to avode them like the plage and see what they say put it in writing to the main person of said garage

I could have got my friend who own's a body shop to paint it for £120 and he know's how anal i am when it comes to my car's. I'm still in shock and i wish i had knocked that fat, bald ride of a body shop manager out in the car park. Still time though!!

Don't know how active the bm forums are with putting pressure on dealerships but I would post up there anyway with Harry fairbairn Giffnock in the title

They've got till middle of next week than gloves are off!

Also i'm siting on an email regarding customer satisfaction from BMW UK. That's going to be colourful!

BTW, because i've really only ever bought new and changed cars alot ive never really had many experiences og dealership service departments. But when i had my 350Z i took it to Mark at the garage who did everything to my car that i asked. Oil, filter, air filter, brake fluid, diff oil, gearbox oil, spark plugs, bosch aero wipers, fuel system cleaner, tracking, diagnostic check and loads more for £300!!.

Honestly ive learnt alot over the past few years and this is what my golden rule's are from now on!

1) Never buy new or even nearly new, there's far too many pristine 4-5 year old cars out there.

2) forget dealers, too many great independents out there.

3) If you've got a car you like, keep it till you really want a change.

I was actually quite impressed with our local BMW dealership (Halliwell Jones). When our Z4 needed any warranty work, 3 times in all, there was absolutely no problem, my only complaint was that when we initially picked up the car there was next to no fuel in it. I mentioned this to them when it went in to have the seat fixed and they immediately put 3/4's of a tank full of petrol in it. Same with my Toyota, first service revealed warped brakes which were ordered and replaced under warranty. I owned several brand new Fords in the 80's and any work that needed to be done was done, no problem. Stormont in Liverpool even loaned me a Capri 2.8i for a week. Can't comment on Nissan really as Zed's don't need warranty work :stir: .

Pete

I was actually quite impressed with our local BMW dealership (Halliwell Jones). When our Z4 needed any warranty work, 3 times in all, there was absolutely no problem, my only complaint was that when we initially picked up the car there was next to no fuel in it. I mentioned this to them when it went in to have the seat fixed and they immediately put 3/4's of a tank full of petrol in it. Same with my Toyota, first service revealed warped brakes which were ordered and replaced under warranty. I owned several brand new Fords in the 80's and any work that needed to be done was done, no problem. Stormont in Liverpool even loaned me a Capri 2.8i for a week. Can't comment on Nissan really as Zed's don't need warranty work :stir: .

Pete

I forgot that when i picked up the Z4 the petrol light was on andi only had 25 miles to empty!!

My parents used to own a Mini Cooper. Took it into BMW Croydon, when it was on the Brighton Road as the gearbox (tiptronic-auto) wouldn't select any gears. Got told it had to be replaced. £5000 please. Car was only 4 years old. My dad was telling his mate about it, who works in the car trade. He got on the phone to the dealership. Price now £2500. Dad's mate and my dad still not happy. Phone call to BMW head office and it turns out that the gearbox was being supplied free of charge to the dealership as gearboxes shouldn't go wrong in that short a time period. All we should have paid was £800 labour. We ended up paying £400 for labour. Other things they did too before that but none as big as this.

My parents used to own a Mini Cooper. Took it into BMW Croydon, when it was on the Brighton Road as the gearbox (tiptronic-auto) wouldn't select any gears. Got told it had to be replaced. £5000 please. Car was only 4 years old. My dad was telling his mate about it, who works in the car trade. He got on the phone to the dealership. Price now £2500. Dad's mate and my dad still not happy. Phone call to BMW head office and it turns out that the gearbox was being supplied free of charge to the dealership as gearboxes shouldn't go wrong in that short a time period. All we should have paid was £800 labour. We ended up paying £400 for labour. Other things they did too before that but none as big as this.

That's shocking! How many folk would just accept it and pay up?

Thats bad service, trouble is once the sale is made they don't give a monkeys (does not apply to all dealerships)

Can you not take it back and ask for your money . . . then get a 370 :teeth:

How come my post count isn't increasing?

Post counts are limited to 1000 for BMW drivers :stir:

:lol:

• Like 1