Audi A3 vs TT Zed

A9H-RX

Thought I'd share some photos of an Audi A3 that took me out last Saturday., Side swipe me in an outside lane, spun me out and threw me into a load of trees at about 60mph.. I'm an estimator for accident repair centre and calaculated an estimate cost of £65'000 to repair the car (£45'000 in just parts).

Luckily his insurance paid out and within 48hours of the accident!!! I got to keep the car and the Twin Turbo lump and front mount intercooler is untouched!!!

24456_10151521289993936_766777198_n.jpg

2985_10151521719948936_1533388678_n.jpg

544932_10151524278328936_1509621895_n.jpg

30552_10151524279483936_1837114863_n.jpg

644309_10151529957973936_394622842_n.jpg

Crap!! Hope you're ok mate and great result with their insurance, however I'm curious as to how it would cost £65k to fix? You could surely buy a brand new 370 and TT it for that money?

Edited by KyleR

Surely with repair costs being so high the isurance would right the car off. Thats a very poorly Zed.

It was written off, I assume he's bought the car back.

Crap!! Hope you're ok mate and great result with their insurance, however I'm curious as to how it would cost £65k to fix? You could surely buy a brand new 370 and TT it for that money?

If you add up the cost of replacing all the broken bits + labour it'll easily come to far more than the cost of a new car.

Surely with repair costs being so high the isurance would right the car off. Thats a very poorly Zed.

That was cost to repair, obviously it was a write and was valued at just over 9k being low mileage with only 31k on the clock. Engine alone though is worth more than the car.. 16k + build

Friggin Nora!!!!!!!

That's one heck of a mess. I'd be sobbing at the side of the road.

No comments as yet but did you get out without injury?

So what happens next, same theme or time to move on.

Very lucky to have not rolled or hit a tree full whack. Just shows how things can be all hunky-dory one minute, the next you're in a ditch!!

Friggin Nora!!!!!!!

That's one heck of a mess. I'd be sobbing at the side of the road.

No comments as yet but did you get out without injury?

So what happens next, same theme or time to move on.

Very lucky to have not rolled or hit a tree full whack. Just shows how things can be all hunky-dory one minute, the next you're in a ditch!!

Wow, lucky to be alive!

How were/are you, did you sustain any injuries?

Hope you're ok!!!

No injuries, walked out of it surprisingly!! Car is a mess! Both seat and curtain airbags went off. I reckon any other car I probably would of rolled it.. If it wasn't lowered and the rims didn't shatter when mounted against the kirb..

:( This makes me so sad!

What road thats on bud as i know your from the Reading area?!

Glad to hear your ok!

A4 Bath Road in Calcot bud, heading towards Reading. Happen about 12.30 lunch time on Saturday.

An incredible amount of damage but glad you're OK. I would be a state after that knowing the amount of time (not even thinking about the cash) that's gone into it but at least it can be resurrected (in another car obviously)using some of the old parts.

Glad you're OK though matey, never nice to see a crash like that. How did the A3 fair? Waste of time racing it anyway, 190 ish bhp to yours...

:( This makes me so sad!

What road thats on bud as i know your from the Reading area?!

Glad to hear your ok!

Where the 2 lanes merge into one just before the pub on the left and where the old Ford garage was on the right?

He must have hit you with some force!