Dreadful / devistating enough to make sob.

Harryjax

That took hold fast :( poor car. Vids like this make me think about getting a mini fire extinguisher for the Zed.

Never even crossed my mind, but it has now.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Streetwize-Urbanx-Racing-Style-Extinguisher/dp/B001JP7W74/ref=sr_1_9?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1365463976&sr=1-9&keywords=fire+extinguisher

For £7 it seems like a no-brainer. Anyone any idea what the UXFE-1, 2, or 3 stuff means? Don't want to get one then if it's ever needed find out it's useless.

I've always carried a fire extinguisher in the car . Well ever since my mk3 cortina shorted out behind the dash and started an electrical fire when I was 17.

You can mount it nicely to the floor behind the seat in the zed.

That took hold fast :( poor car. Vids like this make me think about getting a mini fire extinguisher for the Zed.

Never even crossed my mind, but it has now.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Streetwize-Urbanx-Racing-Style-Extinguisher/dp/B001JP7W74/ref=sr_1_9?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1365463976&sr=1-9&keywords=fire+extinguisher

For £7 it seems like a no-brainer. Anyone any idea what the UXFE-1, 2, or 3 stuff means? Don't want to get one then if it's ever needed find out it's useless.

Don't know what those particular ones are, but you want a dry powder extinguisher. It can be used on fuel and electrical fires, which are the most common car fires.

I used to carry one, until I realised it was utterly pointless. A tiny extinguisher is going to do chuff all on anything other than the tiniest little thing which you could probably put out by blowing at it, never mind your risk time to actually getting it out of the holder, popping it open and using it after having removed yourself from the car. Really only a fully plumbed in system is going to do anything, and that's really not practical to have installed in a road car.

Get yourself out and get well away, I'd rather lose my car than lose my life.

Sad :(

I carry an extinguisher mounted on the rear brace I made sure I could reach it from the drivers seat as well - I've been carrying it ever since I rebuilt the car :scare::lol:

I used to carry one, until I realised it was utterly pointless. A tiny extinguisher is going to do chuff all on anything other than the tiniest little thing which you could probably put out by blowing at it, never mind your risk time to actually getting it out of the holder, popping it open and using it after having removed yourself from the car. Really only a fully plumbed in system is going to do anything, and that's really not practical to have installed in a road car.

Get yourself out and get well away, I'd rather lose my car than lose my life.

+1 wont make a blind bit of difference on a fire like that which is probably the reason no-one really bothered trying.

What a stunning car, i'd be crying for weeks :lol:

I've always carried a fire extinguisher in the car . Well ever since my mk3 cortina shorted out behind the dash and started an electrical fire when I was 17.

Must be a cortina thing, my mates mk5 did exactly the same thing when I was in the passenger seat. Bit off putting suddenly smelling plastic melting.

Must be a cortina thing, my mates mk5 did exactly the same thing when I was in the passenger seat. Bit off putting suddenly smelling plastic melting.

......or maybe a Ford thing, a mate's mk1 Capri returned 2 minutes after he'd left with the lights permanently on. When we opened the bonnet to investigate whoooof! the Engine bay lit up like the 5th Nov. Edited by Bergwerk06

Guys I work in a place with highly combustible material and have been trained to be a fire marshal. On the course you learn how to fight and extinguish fires all about fire prevention & all about different types of extinguishers.

There is an extinguisher called the cold fire which comes in many different sizes the small one comes in the size of a can of ladies hairspray.

And we used it on the course and believe me it can be used on any type of fire and one can of this stuff would have put the fire out in the video I posted up.

I will see if I can find out the info On a supplier in the uk.

Guys I work in a place with highly combustible material and have been trained to be a fire marshal. On the course you learn how to fight and extinguish fires all about fire prevention & all about different types of extinguishers.

There is an extinguisher called the cold fire which comes in many different sizes the small one comes in the size of a can of ladies hairspray.

And we used it on the course and believe me it can be used on any type of fire and one can of this stuff would have put the fire out in the video I posted up.

I will see if I can find out the info On a supplier in the uk.

If a car was on fire i'd toss it on the car and run. If its got fuel in the car and its on fire. I'm running away.

John.... John.... The car is on fire and your feet and legs are being lapped by flames....

Cheers Steve didn't notice with my fire proof gear on, nice one :thumbs:

A great shame for the car :console: