Changing address- who to inform?

LRF4N

Was a nice day today- perfect for washing the car. But no time to wash the car... Had to sort a hire van and move a ton of boxes, dismantle and reassemble a bed etc etc

Loads of people to tell I'm moving including important ones like the bank and car insurance co, and small ones like tesco so my vouchers come here lol so gimme a list in case I miss any

Thanks

DVLA , Post Office, if you want your mail redirected. Water/Electric/Gas will need to be informed as will whoever you pay your rates to, Doctor, etc..Lots of work, one of the reasons I haven;t moved for decades :)

Pete

Bizarrely even if you are PAYE you still need to notify HM customs and revenue (taxman).

Never heard that before? :shrug:

I was very surprised too but when moving I found a government website with a checklist of who you are required to notify I had assumed my payroll department was sufficient but according to the website it's my responsibility to inform them.

I will try and find the link.

All your postal spammers :thumbs:

but don't worry too much....................as they'll catch up with you before long

but HMRC etc obviously don't have the wherewithal that the spammers have - how is it that they can find you within minutes, but the taxman still doesn't know if your married and need copies of your birth certificates :shrug: every time you talk to them

Edited by ioneabee

Thanks for the input. Fodder if you could find that link it would be great

Apologies for the late reply, i typically only browse the forums using my phone....

Anyway, it looks like they have changed their website a bit. I found the link below which will now update using an email form however I cant find where it stated you must notify HMRC as a PAYE maybe i misread or the PAYE realtime has changed that.

:shrug: :stir::boxing::lol:

http://www.hmrc.gov....ge-of-circs.htm

EDIT:

This is the list I made myself if it helps.

vehicle V5

Current Account

Savings account

Business Credit Card

Personal Credit Card

Work HR

Mortgage (should be auto updated)

Car Insurance

Driving License

Post Office

Edited by Fodder

Get your mail re directed just in case, just get the form from the Post Office.

What he says. There will always be people who you forget about. The biggest one I forgot about was HMRC and luckily when a tax rebate came through to my old house the new owners were kind enough to forward it onto me, else id never have known.

Phone company, banks, dvla for driving license, send off car logbooks (i had about 12 i had to send off.. eek), tell the council you have moved, utility companies, pension company, your employer, magazine subscriptions, sky.... list goes on & on.

Bizarrely even if you are PAYE you still need to notify HM customs and revenue (taxman).

Never heard that before? :shrug:

But potentially with the new payroll reporting that HMRC are introducing, you may not have to in the future but for now give them a buzz.

0845 300 0627

:thumbs:

Edited by flexib

Thanks again, hadn't thought about the pension scheme so thanks for that one

It depends on your company but some can be funny. I had 3 separate pension schemes sitting there from previous jobs. I move to new house, phone them up and 2 of them happily swap my address over. The 3rd refuses as they said they would have to send a letter to the old address which id then have to collect and then send it to them confirming new address on it as a security measure.