New car, again!!!

stuarty

I posted a few days ago about trading my new 320i in as i hardly use it. I tried for a zed but in the end the trade in for my car was killing me. Anyway i decided to buy a used 325i which was nice enough and reasonable priced. But giving that bmw was giving me £3k trade in more than anyone else, the 325i was really cheap.

BUT, i still wasnt happy with it , but i was saving a fortune.

I was in another branch of bmw, but same company and they had an absolute mint 2009 bmw Z4 2.5i sport, carbon black, black leather, m sport suspension upgrade, steering wheel and alloys. 22000 miles, fbmw service history and a years bmw warranty and breakdown cover.

They transferred my deposit to the Z4 and did exactly te same deal!

I know its not another Zed, but i'm really, really happy!

PS gratz!

Thanks mate, my current car is fully loaded and a great drive, but a wee bit under powered. I paid a fortune for it and i was looking at losing £££ over the next few years in depreciation, whih would be ok if i used it alot. I ended up losing £1500 in depreciation on a new car, so im happy.

PS gratz!

Thanks mate, my current car is fully loaded and a great drive, but a wee bit under powered. I paid a fortune for it and i was looking at losing £££ over the next few years in depreciation, whih would be ok if i used it alot. I ended up losing £1500 in depreciation on a new car, so im happy.

Now, are you sure this time? :D;)

PS gratz!

Now, are you sure this time? :D;)

Lol, after i bought the 325i i was a bit gutted but glad i was getting my money back nearly on the new one. After seeing the Z4, i thought i'll never get the same deal but i did, apart from the Z4 being an extra £1200. But got te same trade in price!

You are seriously worse than a woman! You sure your not making up all these car dealership stories for spamming purposes? :lol:

I wish mate, i could really do without the hastle. I bought the 320i saloon in jan 2011, hated the four door. Bought my wife the mini and spotted the 320i coupe when i was picking up the mini, so i bought it. Loved the car but with the 4 series coming soon i started to panic. So finally i traded it and bought the Z4 that some one else has lost a fortune on. I'm honestly really happy and i will sleep like a baby tonight, lol.

Lol until I see pic of car after you pick it up there is no congrats from me. U still have time to change mind :-)

Lol, no defo bought the Z4, just feel bad that one branch has to break the news to the other, the 325i was from irvine, not far from you mate.

Ive just realised i phoned you for your zed i think, just before i bought mine around march 2011!

Edited by stuarty

So finally i traded it and bought the Z4 that some one else has lost a fortune on.

When we bought our Z4 fully loaded in Jan 2009 it had been pre registered by the dealer and we paid 19k for it. They had a showroom full of Z4's (well 5 actually) that they'd pre registered, the dealers were going through a bad time and had to buy their own cars to meet the targets set by BMW. They had 2 of the 2.5's both in black for 22.5k , fully loaded but after a 5 minute think we went for the 2.0. Not bad cars at all but watch out for excessive corrosion on the alloys especially on the inner rim, our was peeling off in chunks after 18 months.

Pete

So finally i traded it and bought the Z4 that some one else has lost a fortune on.

When we bought our Z4 fully loaded in Jan 2009 it had been pre registered by the dealer and we paid 19k for it. They had a showroom full of Z4's (well 5 actually) that they'd pre registered, the dealers were going through a bad time and had to buy their own cars to meet the targets set by BMW. They had 2 of the 2.5's both in black for 22.5k , fully loaded but after a 5 minute think we went for the 2.0. Not bad cars at all but watch out for excessive corrosion on the alloys especially on the inner rim, our was peeling off in chunks after 18 months.

Pete

Thanks for the advice, i'll look out for it. Meant to say my car is not the new model Z4 which was realised in 2009. It's the last of the old shape!

Did you enjoy the car?

Edited by stuarty

Pete

Thanks for the advice, i'll look out for it. Meant to say my car is not the new model Z4 which was realised in 2009. It's the last of the old shape!

Did you enjoy the car?

Yeah, ours would have been the old shape too, part of the reason the car was knocked down in price. As to the car, it was Caroline's but of course I drove it frequently. My main niggle was that I found it difficult to get comfortable despite all of the seat adjustments available...I could spend 10 minutes making changes and still have a back ache after an hours drive. Caroline had no problems though. We had the car for 20 months with a fair few warranty jobs funnily enough two of them involved broken seat adjusters :lol: but I guess the car was O.K.

Pete

• Like 1

Would this be the same kind of Z4 that you drove and discovered that you didn't feel at all comfortable in? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Yeah i test drove a brand new alpine white z4, and yeah i felt a bit uncomfortable, especially how bling it looked, lol. But it the old shape ive bought and in carbon black, so not so stand outish. Also the car feels bigger inside for some reason.

Brilliant. So not only have you spent more money on another depreciating asset, but you've also bought a car that's actually smaller than the one you felt claustrophobic and camp as a row of pink tents in. I'm going to set up a BMW dealership near you, I'd make an absolute fortune.

Look, I'm only half taking the mick here and it's your money and if you're happy with the car, it really doesn't matter what I think at all. Hell, I spent a small fortune on the 911 and it's still a depreciating stone, but I love it more than anything else I can possibly think of. If you feel the same about a previous gen mid-spec Z4, then I'm honestly pleased for you. It's a funny way of getting yourself into a Zed though, you have to admit.

Brilliant. So not only have you spent more money on another depreciating asset, but you've also bought a car that's actually smaller than the one you felt claustrophobic and camp as a row of pink tents in. I'm going to set up a BMW dealership near you, I'd make an absolute fortune.

Look, I'm only half taking the mick here and it's your money and if you're happy with the car, it really doesn't matter what I think at all. Hell, I spent a small fortune on the 911 and it's still a depreciating stone, but I love it more than anything else I can possibly think of. If you feel the same about a previous gen mid-spec Z4, then I'm honestly pleased for you. It's a funny way of getting yourself into a Zed though, you have to admit.

Yeah but the thing is, i might not bother with a zed anymore. Might just keep the Z4 for a while. And yip, i'm really happy with it! Also got most of my money back for the 320i, so i only need to worry about the used Z4 depreciation rather than a new 320i. Also with most of my money back in the bank i getting a little intrest.