Psychological warfare?

sloutrou

Hi all,

Is it just me or does the Z spur on other drivers to not only tailgate you (which is bound to happen), but also for the car in front of you to spot you in its' rear-view and accelerate as fast as possible away from you as they can?

Almost like we have a sign attached to our bumpers saying 'Run away, run away, I'm coming for you'?

Just wondered whether it happens to everyone or just me, I usually react by driving sloooooowly so they wonder what the point of it all is.

And what's up with BMW drivers, why do they hate me so much? :lol:

Jez

Never had anyone I didn't want to let accelerate away from me manage it yet ;)

If I'm on the motorway I let everyone else do what they like if they are on my rear bumper I just pull over and let em on past.

As humpy said last night he can only here my car when he is driving withing 100 yds of me on the motorway so maybe the sound scares them :shrug:

I am not particularly conscious of it in the Zed. Having said that I don't bother responding to any of that stuff any more so maybe it happens and I don't notice it.

Most people who do this stuff are heroes on the straights but are found wanting in the bendy bits.

• Like 1

I had an older BMW soft top (looked like an M series ?) hoon up to my rear end just before a roundabout last night (i was going right, he wanted to go straight on), only as he screamed off, he nearly went sideways .........................my thoughts "dickhead" !!!

Is it just me or does the Z spur on other drivers to not only tailgate you (which is bound to happen), but also for the car in front of you to spot you in its' rear-view and accelerate as fast as possible away from you as they can?

No its not just you, I'm sure i've done a thread or commented on this after I got mine lol. Civic Type R infront of me the other day and you could actually see him checking his mirror and moderating the speed if he thought I was gonna gun it, anytime I remotely moved forward he lept a bit and would slow to let me catch up.... I should have an LED sign that displays 4 messages

1. "I'm up for a bit of fun"

2. "can't be a*sed"

3. "Just because I'm in this car does not mean I want to race you"

3. Your driving is too dangerous ...get lost and get away from my car" lol

...although the first one might be interpreted wrong at times haha :lol:

I recently had a Mk1 corsa 'beat me' on the ring road. He clearly wanted a race, it was lowered and, although I couldn't see, it more than likely had a pair of 6x9's screwed to the parcel shelf.

I didn't bite and let him have his moment of glory.

I got home, got out the car and turned towards it to lock it. I looked at my Zed, that's MY car that is. And had the happy, warm, smug feeling everytime you go to your car.

I'm sure she said, "I coulld of had him, easy". But I may of imagined that bit.

Boy racer probably got home, happy feeling he'd just beaten a nice car on the ring road, put the face off his 'face off' stereo in the glove box, took the McDonalds he'd just picked up from the drive thru off the passenger seat, put the key in the door to lock it and thought "One day, I'll have a car like that. One day.....".

Edited by 14N
  • Like 4

Never had anyone I didn't want to let accelerate away from me manage it yet ;)

If I'm on the motorway I let everyone else do what they like if they are on my rear bumper I just pull over and let em on past.

As humpy said last night he can only here my car when he is driving withing 100 yds of me on the motorway so maybe the sound scares them :shrug:

Trust you Chris!:}

I think it's the same with any sports car.

Some of the younger fraction test you to get a reaction.

They can drive as dumb as they want with me as I have CCTV, so if they really cause problems

it's all recorded.

It you rise to the bait, it could all end in tears:)

Edited by 4RE Leather

Does happen a lot.....and 9 out of 10 times it will a car that will be left behind in tyre dust even if the Z sneezed

Don't be so sure :lol: There are mmmaaany people on here that will tell youn the Zeds not as fast as you think. And while I argue it is... it certainly isn't when its snowing, raining, wet, greasy, even moistly damp, if you pass over one rain drop. All that power has to get to the ground and it can struggle at times lol (I must be listening to too many of the older folk on here... can't believe I wrote that...the Zeds faster than a speeding bullet ;))

Come and drive your Zed around London...Its a homing device for White Van Man..

He will sit up your ass trying to intimadate you ..because he bored and will never have one..!

Black Taxi drivers will go out of their way to **** you off when they dont have a fare..!

Bus drivers wait until you are beside them...then pull out...!

Trafffic wardens RUN to give you a ticket because you have a nice car....NOTHING NEW THERE THEN..!!! :thumbdown:

Happens all the time for me, come up to a double lane, which filters into one, once got green light, i was in left lane, and right lane is got to filter in, but we turning right anyway so right lane will always be ahead once turned, minding my own business a Old school celica pulls up, staring over at me and a little rev, lights went green i pulled away, he went all mental spinning screeching the works to get there before me, i just casually let him get on with it, was in 3rd by 30mph lol, as i slowly made my way up behind him at the next lights, i saw him staring in his rear view mirror, i just sat there and gave the biggest yawn known to man :) plus i had tootache so was not really bothered by any proving of this or that!!

My brakes are worth more than his whole car!!!

Edited by deankenny

Never had too much trouble although once my mum was driving it. When she got back apparently a few people had tried to race but when they saw a women driving they sped off? 350's get it easy. Drive a porsche people just treat you like a prat for no reason.

Whether I'm in The Zed or The (now gone)1200 Clio I've not noticed any significant difference in attitude by other drivers. I've been tailgated, cutup, overtaken in dangerous places in both. Real idiots don't differentiate in my experience.

Pete

I don't have any trouble with BMW drivers, it's Audi drivers that seem to hate my zed, and theres a Toyota GT86 driver that i see every morning who acts like he's trying to prove something :yawn:

Don't worry about him, he has small penis (engine) syndrome :lol:

I think we've all had our share of people looking a quick race, in my experience it's M3's and Cooper S's but I don't see the point in taking the risk of winding up in a ditch for the sake of 30 seconds of satisfaction beating a slower car, or getting my ass handed to me in terms of the M3. The 350 isn't all that fast really, faster than your standard boy racer car but that's about it.

• Like 1

Never had too much trouble although once my mum was driving it. When she got back apparently a few people had tried to race but when they saw a women driving they sped off? 350's get it easy. Drive a porsche people just treat you like a prat for no reason.

I had two 911 and had less problems in them than the Zed..think its because the Zed's rarer, so more of a target,

you cn have a go at a 911 / Boxter any day.. :surrender:

Or because most people driving Porsches are slightly older, possibly business men and less likely to have a go, whereas younger (not always :p) people are driving Z's and they're Japanese, so that means you're a boy racer :lol:

Whether I'm in The Zed or The (now gone)1200 Clio I've not noticed any significant difference in attitude by other drivers. I've been tailgated, cutup, overtaken in dangerous places in both. Real idiots don't differentiate in my experience.

Pete

And that's just on the Wales runs :lol:

That's a joke we are all very well behaved :teeth:

• Like 1

Here is a theory. Maybe it's related to how many visible mods you have - big wheels, spacers, spoilers etc. Perhaps I am dismissed as not worthy because of my little wheels, no spacers or visible mods. Now if I had big ones and stuff attached to both my ends and my undercarriage..........