Avoid speed bumps option for satnav

HEADPHONES

Ahhhh, wouldn't it be great if this was on the options list along with "avoid motorways" etc :shrug:

Do any of you think something like this may eventually be possible?

Maybe at least "route with the least speed bumps".

Or maybe this is as impossible as "route without potholes" :lol:

Got a wedding to go to just south of London.

After seeing the muddy roads of another members "adventures" it left me wanting for extra functions on my satnav :blush:

Looking forward to the drive.

It's been over a year since I've gone for a long drive in the ZED

Definitely HATE speed bumps - the Zed is lowered about 15 - 20mm and I have to take them all REALLY slowly

For the folks who live in the Northwest - I can never visit Cheshire Oaks for a film as the bumps are so stupid and they're about 10mm higher than most and it sounds like I'm ripping the bottom off the car - so have to take the truck if we go there for a film

Yep there bad, I'd rather take it over the concrete bigger humps lol Is it because its so sharp and short a bump the suspensions not reacting quick enough maybe? (not that your driving over them quickly but not matter how slow...they feel horrid ) :scare:

Never bothered me, in any vehicle. Even in the MR2 with a turbo conversion that left the inter cooler below the sump, worst that ever happened was the scoop made a nifty snow plough :lol:

Just curious as well, but I'm assuming we all know how to take those semi-humps, you know the ones that are just a bump in the middle that you can drive straight over if you get the entry right? 'Cos I didn't until Jan last year!

You clearly have never experienced one of these...lol I now know your lying, you can't drive over it at 5 or less and it still shudders a car like no other speed hump lol :lol: I hate them so bad. Possibly if you do 2 mph, but lets be honest you won't be doing that...even over a speed hump I think

Edited by AMT

You clearly have never experienced one of these...lol I now know your lying, you can't drive over it at 5 or less and it still shudders a car like no other speed hump lol :lol: I hate them so bad. Possibly if you do 2 mph, but lets be honest you won't be doing that...even over a speed hump I think

They have them at my gym, I drive over them every weekday :) Flat out is the best way I've found to take them, but that's in the flabby truck: In my cars I just crawl over them, no vibrations at all. You sure you don't have any suspension issues? Serious question, not a p*sstake.

Its happens in every car I've had and have been in, its not a vibration its just a quick jar... whoever invented them anyway should be shot, you think.....ah...its just a wee one...BANG....broken spine :lol: I think you have a spine of steel lol I like the rectangle ones....those trapezoid or whatever jobbies. They've got them in our Asda and you can just go over them lol

i'm dropped around 40-45mm and can still navigate most without major scraping. Theres an art to going over speed bumps in a lowered car. ;)

ok my zeds not lowered but what is the knack to getting a lowered car over humps apart from just going really slow. strangely even with a non lowered zed I've had one incident of a concrete speed bump scrapping the y section of the exhaust.

There is a 10 page information document released by the DOT on definitions of the "Road Hump"

and it also lists the max advised height.

Here is one section of that document.

Road Humps

5. The maximum height for road humps is 100mm but 75mm is recommended by the DOT. The recommended gradient for the

"on/off' slope of a flat top road hump/raised junction is 1: 15

For the entire script go to http://www.sustrans.org.uk/assets/files/guidelines/traffic%20calming.pdf

And after reading it you can laugh your rocks off.

We all know that this is a load if COD, because I went out and measured the ones in West Barnes Lane in Worcester Park.

The lowest was 10" and the highest was 12.5".

I discovered the tactic needed for those stupid wee ones last year when I went over one just under 10mph, heard a clank and the gearstick jolted. 1st gear torque at 45 degrees is the way to go. I've never had any problems with the proper big slanted ones though.