Avoid speed bumps option for satnav

HEADPHONES

No love for speed bumps, I have to tackle four everyday when leaving the house and the zed is stanced quite low! Ekona hit the nail on the head, its all about slow speed and angles (which will annoy your neighbours when rushing for work first thing in the morning). Large speed bumps are fine as they have a 'table top', its the little f****rs that you have to watch out for as you have to straddle them.

NOOOOO DON'T STRADDLE THEM! That knocks your alignment out and damages the suspension as you're forcing it to move in a direction not intended. Instead, crawl over them using alternate sides: This is much better as the suspension is just going up and down, like it's designed to do.

Excuse the poor grammer but this is a copy of the email I just sent to the person who authorised the road humps in West Barnes lane.

A few of you may remember that I damaged my car on these humps.

This is the 2nd time and this is the details.

Edward Quartey – Traffic Engineer

Tel: 020 8545 2171

Email: edward.quartey@merton.gov.uk

Dear Sir

I wish to bring to your attention the height of the road humps in West Barnes Lane Worcester Park!

This is the 2nd time I have written on this subject and am still awaiting a reply from the 1st.

Are you aware that not one road hump is anywhere near the recommended 100mm in height?

I have a Nissan 350 Z of standard height yet the very 1st hump I came to hit the bottom of the car!

I tried to turn round but was unable to due to a van behind me and oncoming traffic!

No matter what I did I just could not negotiate these road humps without the whole underside feeling the brunt.

The intake pipe of the supercharger was later discovered to be fractured and the cost plus labour to repair was £800.

This is now a year since I sent the 1st email, but what prompted me to write again was that nothing has been done to reduce the height!

Many cars are damaged and this is evident by the black marks and cracking to the top of the road humps.

What happens if a Ferrari or the like were to go down there?

There is no signage to say not to go down there or people with low vehicles do not enter?

The resident’s wanted the humps to slow the traffic down not rip the undercarriage of their own vehicles as one did!

I am led to believe that several of the local bus and coach operators have stopped their driver’s from going down West Barnes Lane due to damaging

Air brake pipes?

It they are getting damaged then what chance have we got.

Please could you give a time frame for rectification work to be done to lower the humps to the Government recommended height please?

I hold your department fully accountable as you had to pass the rectification work of as suitable!

By rectification I mean the repairs that were made back last year.

One day workmen came along and embedded Red London Bricks as a top layer.

These bricks alone are almost 50% of the recommended height which in its self was more than 10cm to begin with.

Sincerely

P. Andrews.

Edited by 4RE Leather