Worst drunken accident

Flex

So Saturday night had a great night at a burlesque show, unfortunately, as you do I had a drunken accident at the end of the evening and have what is either a bruised or broken rib.

Just wondered what's the worst anyone's had (injury wise) after a night of drunken misadventure?

Went out straight after a shift - had a scalpel blade in pocket which made nasty cut on leg, later on fell off the cooker and smashed face off the kitchen tabel followed by bruising to ribs and broken wrist after going over the handle bars of a scooter that we were driving up and down the corridor of the staff residence :teeth:

I still miss those days as a student nurse :blush: :blush:

Had a race with my friend (running not driving) and ran at full stride into a railway sleeper bench pushing my cartilage under my knee. I was so lucky not to hit half an inch lower and shatter the knee cap. I left to go to Tenerife then next day so had to spend 2 weeks with my knee the size of a melon until I could get back to a physio.

Hit my head off the inside door frame of a rear door of a peugeot 309 as a passenger as the driver avoided a badger (or other animal) . Driver dropped us off at the house party we were going to and set off to get others. I was last out of the car and collapsed in the garden....in a foot of snow....for an hour until the driver returned and found me. No one had noticed I hadn't come in the house and thought I was keeping the driver company as he went back!

There are many more. It isn't a good night unless someone has fell over.

Pneumonia, broken ankle, 2 broken ribs and 5 stitches in my foot all in the same night! I felt like death the next morning when I woke up!

Went out straight after a shift - had a scalpel blade in pocket which made nasty cut on leg, later on fell off the cooker and smashed face off the kitchen tabel followed by bruising to ribs and broken wrist after going over the handle bars of a scooter that we were driving up and down the corridor of the staff residence :teeth:

I still miss those days as a student nurse :blush: :blush:

I think these are winning so far.

One of my friends lost most of his index finger after a night out... :scare:

Ouch! Definitely time to stop drinking!

Had a race with my friend (running not driving) and ran at full stride into a railway sleeper bench pushing my cartilage under my knee. I was so lucky not to hit half an inch lower and shatter the knee cap. I left to go to Tenerife then next day so had to spend 2 weeks with my knee the size of a melon until I could get back to a physio.

Hit my head off the inside door frame of a rear door of a peugeot 309 as a passenger as the driver avoided a badger (or other animal) . Driver dropped us off at the house party we were going to and set off to get others. I was last out of the car and collapsed in the garden....in a foot of snow....for an hour until the driver returned and found me. No one had noticed I hadn't come in the house and thought I was keeping the driver company as he went back!

There are many more. It isn't a good night unless someone has fell over.

You know who your friends are!

I'll have to cut this story down somewhat.....

Went skiing in Denver, Colorado region. We planned on 10 days skiing, but with that amount of skiing it would be worthwhile taking a day or two out for shopping and fun.

The idea on day 7 was to go to the local pool/snooker place. We decided that drinking at lunch time was a perfect idea. Well, after many games of winning my mates weren't happy and decided to get me off my face. So instead of JD and Coke, it was Triple JD and Coke. I hadn't noticed as I was already two sheets to the wind.

After being dared to perform break dancing moves on the pool table, then go round the building slapping all the girls behinds it was time to leave.

(Just to put you in the picture, the night before we watched a Jackie Chan film)

Now my mate Steve being a bit of a joker said why not do a Jackie Chan kungfu leap and kick off those steps (There were 3-4 steps leading from the pool hall up to the bar and down the other side again 3-4 steps) So I proceeded to example BIG AIR leaping and kicking like Jackie Chan would into the hall. He was mighty impressed.

He said as we walked up to the bar area to do one more, but make it a BIG MAHOOSIVE ONE! So whilst facing the exit, 3-4 steps down to the exit I'd give one hell of a run up, all going well up to this point. LEAP for merry hell did I, BUT........

(The exit was of course 3-4 steps downward, and the ceiling took the same path)

So as I belted it for all my drunk life towards the steps I leaped and guess what..... yes, the new leading edge of the ceiling is now shall we say 2ft lower than the ceiling above me.

CLUNK!!!!

SMACK!!!

DOH!!!

I've now smacked my forehead into the leading edge of the lower ceiling and now heading south towards the steps, still whilst in Jackie Chan pose I've now trapped my leg underneath my body and just missed my head on the steps below.

So, I now have blood dripping from my head, can't walk but still alive. My mate comes over with his mouth on the floor, well lets just say I made a right mess. An ambulance was called, but in this order the Fire Engine arrived, Police Car and then the Ambulance! (I know very strange) Each party of said emergency service all said "Oooh we can see your skull !!!)

I ended up with 13 stitches in my head, without any pain relief (because I was THAT intoxicated) and a groin injury. Cost me £2,500 in medical bills, but luckily my insurance paid out.

There's a lot more to this story but too much for this thread.

I'll have to cut this story down somewhat.....

Went skiing in Denver, Colorado region. We planned on 10 days skiing, but with that amount of skiing it would be worthwhile taking a day or two out for shopping and fun.

The idea on day 7 was to go to the local pool/snooker place. We decided that drinking at lunch time was a perfect idea. Well, after many games of winning my mates weren't happy and decided to get me off my face. So instead of JD and Coke, it was Triple JD and Coke. I hadn't noticed as I was already two sheets to the wind.

After being dared to perform break dancing moves on the pool table, then go round the building slapping all the girls behinds it was time to leave.

(Just to put you in the picture, the night before we watched a Jackie Chan film)

Now my mate Steve being a bit of a joker said why not do a Jackie Chan kungfu leap and kick off those steps (There were 3-4 steps leading from the pool hall up to the bar and down the other side again 3-4 steps) So I proceeded to example BIG AIR leaping and kicking like Jackie Chan would into the hall. He was mighty impressed.

He said as we walked up to the bar area to do one more, but make it a BIG MAHOOSIVE ONE! So whilst facing the exit, 3-4 steps down to the exit I'd give one hell of a run up, all going well up to this point. LEAP for merry hell did I, BUT........

(The exit was of course 3-4 steps downward, and the ceiling took the same path)

So as I belted it for all my drunk life towards the steps I leaped and guess what..... yes, the new leading edge of the ceiling is now shall we say 2ft lower than the ceiling above me.

CLUNK!!!!

SMACK!!!

DOH!!!

I've now smacked my forehead into the leading edge of the lower ceiling and now heading south towards the steps, still whilst in Jackie Chan pose I've now trapped my leg underneath my body and just missed my head on the steps below.

So, I now have blood dripping from my head, can't walk but still alive. My mate comes over with his mouth on the floor, well lets just say I made a right mess. An ambulance was called, but in this order the Fire Engine arrived, Police Car and then the Ambulance! (I know very strange) Each party of said emergency service all said "Oooh we can see your skull !!!)

I ended up with 13 stitches in my head, without any pain relief (because I was THAT intoxicated) and a groin injury. Cost me £2,500 in medical bills, but luckily my insurance paid out.

There's a lot more to this story but too much for this thread.

Epic.

Do you still drink?

Of course, but not JD anymore. Had a bad episode on Southern Comfort when I was 14, no injuries but VERY embarrassing.

I've learnt now not to undertake any dare whilst drunk, its not pretty.

If you are going to Wales perhaps we could re-acquaint you with JD :lol:

Wasso, that made me laugh.dares are the worst.Well dares and trying to impress the oppposite sex.

I remember dancing on a podium in a club in Manchester (i think). There were several of us in there all thinking we looked cool....me especially. I'd put my beer on the floor to keep it out the way while I threw some serious shapes. I kicked the bottle while spinning round which poured beer acorss the podium. I hadn't noticed this and so on my next spin my legs shot out from under me.....so embarrassing. I was like an upturned turtle.

I'm always at Wales, but there's no way I'll ever drink like that again.

1. We're driving the next day

2. I hate hangovers

3. I'd rather not have embarrassing photos plastered all over the forum.

I stick to Carling now for safety. :lol:

Try this one for the mess I caused on the floor if nothing else

Slipped on wet floor while drinking the dregs from a pint glass.

Broke the glass on top of my nose on the floor and stabbed myself through the neck with what remained.

Lay there spurting on the floor of the bar.

Luckily I had been standing next to a chief paramedic who saved my life.

Lost 2 pints of blood.

Slashed an artery which couldn't be repaired and had to be tied off,

Followed by plastic surgery to sew up my face and re attach my ear,

I wish I could say it was a drunken misadventure from years ago in my student days but it was only last year on bowling night.

Broke the glass on top of my nose on the floor and stabbed myself through the neck with what remained.

Lost 2 pints of blood.

I wish I could say it was a drunken misadventure from years ago in my student days but it was only last year on bowling night.

Flurking hell, lucky there old boy!!

Lost 2 pints of blood.

Flurking hell, lucky there old boy!!

Do you still drink? :lol:

That's some mess, glad you survived that's pretty horrific!

Went out for a poker night a while back, after an all dayer as the missuses were all off at a hen do. Basically drank heavily until about 3am, on the way back from my mates house I need to go over a bridge across a river. Somehow managed to fall in river (we still cant figure out how), in process knocking half a front tooth out and breaking my ankle ......... not as bad as it could have been as river was in flood and it was pitch black, I nearly ended up in the North Sea. :scare:

Got home to find I didnt have my keys, so decided to break a back window (I was cold and wet after all). Broke window, got halfway through and realised I was too fat, so extricated self and broke another window to get in. :teeth:

Woke up next day with no front tooth, unable to move due to broken ankle, house freezing cold due to lack of windows, broken glass all over kitchen floor. I had to use Facebook to get someone to contact my brother as I had no phone, and got him to call my mother in law to come and let me out of the house (doors were still locked, no keys, broken ankle). She wasnt impressed but nowhere near what the missus said when she got back from her hen do. :angry:

However, saw the guy who had thrown the poker night a few days later and after much laughter totted up what it had cost me - as I came second in the game I was only about £50 down after fixing tooth and windows, he was £120 down and he hadnt even left his house :lol:

One of my drunken incidents, out in Newquay having some beers. end of the night shattered waiting for the taxi with my mates. sat on my ass on the floor. taxi turns up. I shout to one of my mates to give me a hand up. He reaches down I grab his hand and he gives one all might pull. However the grip wasn't that good so as he pulled his hand slipped then gripped harder just as he had hold of my thumb. pulled it straight out of the socket. :)

at the time it hurt enough and couldn't move my thumb. was way worse in the morning though so trip to a and e and had it popped back in. lovely

that's one incident anyway. There are worse ones especially for dares but not putting them on here lol.