Tinyflier's mods.

Tinyflier

Nice mods mate, how much did you gain from the remap?

An UpRev doesn't give a huge amount more BHP (perhaps 10-15) but it makes a huge difference to the response of the engine. Mine has 5 different maps (selectable from steering wheel controls). Map 1 is pretty much standard up to Map 5 which gives instant (and I mean INSTANT) response to the merest touch of the throttle.

David

• 5 weeks later...

A couple of carbon interior parts fitted today.

They are both from EVO-R.net (I did also buy an instrument top cover from RSW in Japan but as the weave didn't match the gear surround, I bought another one from EVO-R (will probably put the RSW part - which is stunning) up for sale at some point.

I also had ZSpeed aluminium undertray fitted by Abbey at last week's service, but I don't have any pictures of that!

CFSurround1.jpg

CFSurroundfitted.jpg

Cowl1.jpg

Cowlfitted1.jpg

Edited by Tinyflier
  • Like 1

Do you rate Evo-R then?

I have an urge to add carbon fibre to my interior.

Both parts are nicely moulded. The weave patterns run true and the clear coat is blemish free.

The gear surround is quite thin ( but I suppose if it was a thick moulding it wouldn't fit well). The cluster cowl is quite substantial.

I will buy from them again. Their delivery is quick, well packaged BUT in both instances I have been caught for import tax! That isn't any fault of Evo-R, maybe that is the norm for packages from Taiwan.

David

• 2 months later...

Is the front splitter Aerotek/Knight Racer (is there a difference between the 2 and did you mean Aerokit???) and side steps Tarmac?

Its pretty much the finish I was going for, I had been advised that the Aerokit sidesteps are cheaper and a better fit than the TM ones but the pictures on the Aerokit website are to small to see any detail! And the TM ones look fine on yours. Did both need painting, I'm okay with fitting but don't know about the painting!

Is the front splitter Aerotek/Knight Racer (is there a difference between the 2 and did you mean Aerokit???) and side steps Tarmac?

Its pretty much the finish I was going for, I had been advised that the Aerokit sidesteps are cheaper and a better fit than the TM ones but the pictures on the Aerokit website are to small to see any detail! And the TM ones look fine on yours. Did both need painting, I'm okay with fitting but don't know about the painting!

The front splitter is from RT Performance. Is in FRP and supplied as standard black gel coat. I painted mine in satin black with a rattle can.

Sideskirts are from TarmacSportz but the gel coat finish on these is so good I fitted them straight out of the box. These have the best finish I have ever seen - high gloss and totally blemish free.

Hope this helps.

David

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not had my new rockers/painted plenum fitted yet... but have had this done (is also reported in "Interior" thread).

+4mm thicker, perforated sides, smooth nappa top/bottom. (now thinking if I might change the colour of switch covers. Either Plastidip (bit of tricky masking) or matt black vinyl wrap (equally tricky ...).

Retrimmedwheel1.jpg

Today I added a carbon fibre air tube (the eagle eyed viewer will notice that the rubber coupling is mis-shaped - is OK I've sorted it!) and replaced the OEM gear knob with a MOMO unit that matches the perforated leather on my re-trimmed wheel. My "blinged" plenum and cam covers will be on in a couple of weeks time!

Just HOW tight are those OEM knobs... needed two BIG pairs of grips (one on shaft and one on knob... :scare: ) to remove it!

David

Carbonintake.jpg

Gearknob1.jpg

Gearknob2.jpg

• Like 1