Doogy's Little Build Project - Now Complete - Page 9

DoogyRev

this is how it looks this morning B)

tc56.jpg

Will be masking up this evening to do the top tray.

I also got a roll of this . .

tc57.jpg

but more on that later. Some of the rails have been rubbed with wire wool to clean them up a bit . . only 10 more to go :surrender:

Ok so Truck Bed Liner can only be described as one thing . . . . evil in a can :evil:

Its like spraying crude oil, very sticky and gloopy, and it comes out with such force "can recoil" is experienced :lol:

Its done though, bit of a dark photo . . .

tc58.jpg

Now moved back down to the creepy basement . . .

tc59.jpg

and we have this . . .

tc60.jpg

tc61.jpg

tc62.jpg

tc63.jpg

Even after 24 hours, its tacky. It does say leave for up to 72 hours to cure :scare:

On with the rails and drawers now. Also purchased some nice new handles, so they will be along shortly :thumbs:

It's looking good now :thumbs:

Nice rescue on that - so have you bought enough tools while repairing the tool box to fill it?

:)

Had a dream last night about buying every snap on tool there was and then having to sort it all out into a tool box.

:ban::lol:

Good work Jim, looking very smart now.

It's looking good now

Nice rescue on that - so have you bought enough tools while repairing the tool box to fill it?

Had a dream last night about buying every snap on tool there was and then having to sort it all out into a tool box.

Good work Jim, looking very smart now.

Who wouldn't want my dream to be a reality for themselves?

Sorry I misread snap on for strap on then.... I think it's because I expect you to lower the tone a little :lol:

Good work on the tool box, I may post a picture of mine later..... Don't get too excited its made of best corrugated cardboard and is full of tools which are usually used for jobs they were never designed for :lol:

I'm sure there's a website somewhere that will give you a real meaning to these dreams of yours :lol:;)

Nope, not purchased any tools, again Rudy the Gardner to the rescue, he keeps bringing me boxes of them :lol: Will put a pic up later of what has arrived so far B)

Little update from this morning. Went out and got some tread plate B)

tc64.jpg

But because there are a few bits in the way at the bottom of the unit

tc65.jpg

tc66.jpg

fitted these . . .

tc67.jpg

Fits perfectly :yahoo:

tc68.jpg

I still have the middle shelf to do, but that needs a little fabrication to fit, maybe tomorrow :thumbs:

New lock purchased, keep little fingers out of the drawers :lol:

tc69.jpg

Cut the latch to fit

tc70.jpg

All installed :D

tc71.jpg

tc72.jpg

Thats all for now folks :wave: