Me and My Zed Thread

14N

Oh really? Have you been having a stab at Photoshop? Or do you mean someone is stealing my crappy ideas haha hmmm! :)

Haha, no. My engine bay was planned using MSPaint! :lol: I think your vision is far from crappy mate, it looks awesome B)

Enjoyed this thread 14N. Love everything about this car!

Wow, thanks Gumpy :thumbs:

Great write up Ian. Lovely pics. :thumbs:

Here's to many more awards for your engine bay. :thumbs:

Cheers Will :)

There will some more to come very soon. Watch this space..... :ninja:

• Like 1

10.01.2015 - 100142 miles

Finished fitting the final pieces of Rickdon's excellent under bonnet mirror kit. The last two pieces were the two at the very back with the 'creases' in for the DE bonnet. Getting these pieces spot on took a couple of attempts. Many thanks to Rich for your help with this mate :thumbs:

SAM_1148_zps2c78f34e.jpg

SAM_1147_zps3c004381.jpg

SAM_1150_zpsa56b3fc9.jpg

SAM_1151_zps61f19c70.jpg

• Like 4

Cheers guys :thumbs:

You'll be needing to clean those bits of mirror a LOT!

Quite surprising actually matey. The majority of the pieces have been fitted sine Sept/Oct and they're all still very clean.

Guess this was cheaper than adding even more orange ;) Looks good mate!! B)

Haha. Not really. But what it effectively has done, is DOUBLE the amount of orange under the bonnet! :lol:

• Like 2

Very Cool Ian! It's been very interesting to read through this thread and see how your car became what it is today. I may have to get a boot divider from you once I have gotten over this initial financial hit of car, tax, insurance etc.

• Like 1

18.01.2015 - Hydrodipped! :thumbs:

SAM_1154_zps7c0b80be.jpg

SAM_1156_zps6cddbadd.jpg

SAM_1157_zpsff9e5b93.jpg

SAM_1158_zpsc63b038e.jpg

SAM_1160_zps94cff5a9.jpg

SAM_11585_zpsb28e8056.jpg

SAM_1163_zps654f8a70.jpg

SAM_1164_zpsa0addcdc.jpg

SAM_1165_zpsd88819b5.jpg

SAM_1170_zpsa6cc6047.jpg

SAM_1171_zps20d8d070.jpg

The eagle eyed amongst you may have also spotted I've also fitted a new head unit, recoloured the arm rests on the doors to match the seats and fitted a different gear knob to add to the 'bare metal' theme. :)

I didn't want to go for the default carbon hydrodip; although the carbon does look amazing, one of the great things with the hydrographic transfer is the amount of options available in the film. I wanted a silver or grey console and door handles to tie in with the colour of the car and my re-coloured seats.

I started to think of silver flames, skulls and other (even more crazy) ideas, but thought they'd be a bit 'busy' for the interior. I then considered a brushed aluminium or steel look but figured this wasn't busy enough and would look a bit plain unless you looked closely. Still thinking of metals, I thought of this - checker plate!! Bingo!

I asked for the base colour (the colour the items are pained before dipping) to be WV2 - The Nissan Gunmetal colour of my car. I'm glad I did. and I'm really pleased with how it all came together.

Thanks for reading :)

Edited by 14N
  • Like 3

I have to say, I dislike carbon wrapping/hydro - which is the norm for those bits... So fair play for trying something different :)

The Silverstone base works well with your leather B)

Agreed! Carbon is getting very over done. But then again it always was the mod of choice when the only option was a dash kit or wrapping.

White carbon is a bit different but there's so much choice these days.

• Like 2

nice Ian B)

I bet thats difficult to photograph ( to get it to look the shade it really is )

I've just pulled this from my other thread. Yes, I know technically it's a :repost::lol:

CLICHÉ WARNING - Pictures really don't do it justice. :)

Like the carbon effect hydrographics, (Ricey, back me up here) it seems to be difficult to photograph and pick up the depth of the design. Rather than just looking like it's a clear backed transfer that's been applied over paint, there are light and dark areas which further the appearance of it actually being metal, plus there is also a 'grain' to the graphic to give it that brushed metal appearance. It really is rather clever.

• 1 month later...

22/03/2015 - 100631 miles

This weekend saw my Zed getting an oil and filter change (as if covered 5k since the last one), an MOT and a new pair of boots on the rear. She's all set for the year ahead now :)

I also 'fly-eyed' the rear indicators. A very simple but effective mod I think.

4C1F8229-C1FC-4E72-9416-A06F220012C1_zpssfsmgdqb.jpg

And I also finally got round to fitting my Samco induction tube, that seems to have been waiting to be fitted forever! :lol:

68BE1285-47AB-425F-8D72-0E2067FDD3F8_zpso7ccnuwt.jpg

Gave her a much needed wash too. :teeth:

Stunning m8..keep it up..what ya doin wththe old intake pipe mate?

made a mess spraying mine as always :yuck: now need another one to try again,

hopefully do a better job nx time. pm me if you want rid of it.. cheap tho lol.

to much trouble to clean my old one cant be asked.

Mike k-g

Cheers Mike. I'm keeping hold of the OEM one I'm afraid. Anyway, it's bright orange (surprisingly), so you'd need to sand it down anyway. So you may aswell just sand the one you've messed up and try again. :thumbs:

Take your time, plastic primer, light coats and you'll be fine. Maybe :teeth: