Me and My Zed Thread

14N

• 2 weeks later...

OK so messing about with my point & press camera I found a 'Night' setting. Thought I'd give it a try, I just needed something to photograph.

SAM_2560_zps80f5ccfe.jpg

SAM_2571_zps195846a0.jpg

SAM_2572_zps0902dbe9.jpg

SAM_2573_zpsdabdac52.jpg

SAM_2574_zps2909dda1.jpg

I definitely need some photography tips/lessons! :lol:

• 1 month later...

Do you know Ultimate wraps are using your car as their Facebook profile? They must be proud of it.

It seems to be about 60% the cost of doing it down south, or did you get mates rates??? I'll be back in B'ham over Christmas so may look into getting it done. Is there a code word I need to use?

• Like 1

Yeah, they've been using that pic as their profile pic for a while - quite honoured! Haha.

No, didn't get mates rates, but I did promise I'd spread the word on here for them as they do a lot of work for the Honda Civic guys, so no code, but if you could mention me and that you've seen my car (and the tints/wrap) on the forum, I'm sure it would be appreciated. :thumbs:

Not sure what camera you've got 14N but if you try that night setting on cars that are moving with lights on at night then you should get the cool light trails effect. Does on my old school 35mm SLR camera anyway. Nice pics. :thumbs:

It's just a Samsung point n' press, nothing special. I did think about the whole light trails thing, will need to give it some more thought, time, place etc. Thanks GM.

Nice👊
Looking good mate.

Orange definitely works with the Gunmetal!

Cheers guys :thumbs:

If you want to check that "night mode" out and possible light trail effects just find your nearest road at night with moving traffic and take a picture. On my SLR it is basically a long exposure so the shutter stays open for longer. For the best results though you will need a tripod as any movement you make will show up in the picture.

I've used it a few times taking pictures of cars 14N which looks very cool but some of the most interesting results I had was from taking pictures of fireworks. ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

14.12.2013 - 97178 Miles

OK, I FINALLY got round to fitting my LED reflectors I got from cs2000. Was it easy, hell NO! Nothing to do with Chris's reflectors - they're great, more to do with 97,000 miles and 9 years of cr*p and corrosion building up on each of the bolts I needed to undo to get the bumper off. Combine this with the very limited space, rounded heads, sheared off bolts, rain, blown fuses and Nissan's 'Top Secret' third fuse box tucked away behind the battery, under the windscreen, plus freezing cold fingers and grazed knuckles a simple job turned into a 3 day nightmare. :bang:

But anyway, after finally completing the install (I extended the wires a bit and added some male/female bullet connectors to make removing the bumper easier in future if needed and also changing the sidelight bulbs for LEDs) I thought I'd go take some night shots in the peeing rain and howling wind. Well, I figured the reflections on the wet ground would be nice....

SAM_2733_zps9fdafb37.jpg

SAM_2734_zpsc2696e6b.jpg

Had my nightmare finished and was I now able to stand back and admire my new LED reflectors. Yes. Right up until the wind blew over my camera on its tripod and broke it (the camera). :rant: The above were the last two photographs my camera ever took :(:cry:

But on a positive note, I fitted some carbon bonnet dampers earlier today too :)

51632564-438F-42CD-A3A5-23A310CC4029-3361-000002263DBFF13D_zps621f442d.jpg

Edited by 14N

Thanks very much for the comments and compliments guys :)

That's a bit of a @*!# mate. Don't worry you weren't that good with it anyway :stir:

Haha :lol: This is true

New camera added to the christmas list? :stir:

Replaced it today Jim :lol: Took advantage of the pre-Christmas sales :thumbs: Just need to learn to use it now, as highlighted by Wasso

Edited by 14N

• 1 month later...