Me and My Zed Thread

14N

Looks great mate! Will have to get my roof done soon as well lol

Thanks for your comments guys :thumbs:

Arran, I'm seriously considering removing the rear wiper now. :)

I'm just talking to us company about rear wiper grommets...they make them for gen7 Celicas, metal, perfect flat fit and they spray them as well to same colour as your car! They already posted one to me to try!

• Like 1

Looks great mate! Will have to get my roof done soon as well lol

Thanks for your comments guys :thumbs:

Arran, I'm seriously considering removing the rear wiper now. :)

I'm just talking to us company about rear wiper grommets...they make them for gen7 Celicas, metal, perfect flat fit and they spray them as well to same colour as your car! They already posted one to me to try!

keep us updated vlad!

nice car ian looks awesome

• Like 1

Thanks Scott. TBH I'm not exactly sure what % it is. I do know that it's one shade lighter than limo tint. Looks very black in the photos and when looking at the car from any distance, but if you get close you can still make out the Z on the strut brace. You do have to be 'looking for it' though. :teeth:

Edited by 14N

How, did you go about painting the plenum?

I.e sand or just degrease and clean, did you primer it or just paint and did you use high temp paint?

Think it looks spot on and was going to give it a go but was unsure how to go about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick mod update. Finally got round to fitting the rear splash guards I got from Smudgedon (cheers Jordan :thumbs: ). Think they finish the splitter + skirts combo off nicely.

Rubbish phone pic will have to do for now.... :)

2442E2B2-CEC1-4CA2-A9F1-7069773CA1B5-4461-0000043FB87A7406_zps400a9462.jpg

Will do once I've given her a wash! Hopefully take some this weekend as there are a few more mods taking place Sat & Sun (hopefully). Watch this space... :)

• Like 1

30.06.2013 - 94462 Miles

OK, so spent some quality time with my Zed this weekend.

Cleaned and conditioned the seats with Gliptone Liquid Leather. Got a kit including the cleaner, conditioner, brush, sponge pads and microfibre cloths for just over £15 online. Did take some before and after pics, but they really don't do the results justice. Really pleased with the result and the leather not only looks 'fresher' but smells like leather again (like a new pair of shoes). Definitely recommend the stuff.

Then onto my local exhaust centre. I wanted a bit more 'volume' from my exhaust, but couldn't really justify the expense of buying a new system as my back box is still in great condition (yes, even though it's a Japspeed K2 :scare: ). So after a conversation with 'the exhaust man', she was booked in to have the centre section replaced with a 3" diameter piece with no silencer in the middle, replacing the 2.25" diameter OEM one.

Before

SAM_2041_zpsb7ac6d81.jpg

After

SAM_2044_zps44bf7e08.jpg

Now sounds much better. Not loud (as the rear silencer is chambered, so still keeping the noise levels very acceptable), but gives a little burble, rasp and pop on the over-run. Nice. :)

Then painted the mirror mounting brackets with Plasticote (not Plastidip) satin black to freshen them up. Also painted the large black slam panel in the engine bay too. Looks like new OEM. Result.

SAM_2052_zps6026ee91.jpg

Next where the front discs and pads. Replaced with Kinetix discs and Brembo pads. Will give feedback once they've been on for a while and bedded in.

SAM_2056_zpsb0d0c85e.jpg

Also did an oil and filter change as it was due. :thumbs:

Edited by 14N

Some nice work ian can't wait to hear the exhaust there is a new black zed 52plate with sprinkle driving it in redditch not been on lately as been busy so dont know if there on here yet might have to be another roadster with all these coupes popping up lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good mate! That mid pipe deffo looks ace and im guessing sounds even better!

And you running same brakes as me then...Kinetix with brembo pads... I had mine on for few months now -and no problems so far!

But whats bumper tuck? never heard of it and cant spot it lol

• Like 1

Cheers Vlad. The zorst does sound good, but there may already be a replacement on the horizon..... :shutup:

The bumper tuck is imaginitvely called because you 'tuck' the centre part of the rear bumper up to reveal more of the rear silencer.