Windscreen washer problem.

shieldsie

All, front windscreen washers have stopped working. I have had the Y section off the tubing and its not blocked. The return valve is not blocked as I can blow air through it. The wiper jets are not blocked? The headlight washers and rear washer is working fine. Does the headlight washer and windscreen wiper use the same motor? Any suggestions, please

I removed the non return valve and it seems clear, as can blow air through it. When the non return valve is removed, the pump should still push water through shouldnt it? Think I will be contacting zmanalex for his services once again for a new pump!!

No mate, cant hear noise, thats why I think the pump is not working

Me to :)

As you have checked all the pipe work - I'd be onto fuses next but I doubt it has it's own anything else not working?

2 fuse boxes to look at 1 is on the right side of the drivers footwell the other is in the battery compartment - good luck.

• 1 year later...

shieldsie - did you have any joy with this. I am experiencing the exact same issue, havent checked the fuses though. From the labelling on the outside of the fuse box in the battery compartment, it seems there is only 1 fuse for the washers? Or am I missing something?

If not, how easy is the motor swap?

• 1 year later...

Can i query guys ive swapped the pumps over and ive now a trickle coming from the front washers.

Im changing the return valve this weekend but wanted to clarify some say they aren't interchangeable and ive literally swapped em last weekend. Are they different power or just the same? Just checking whether thats caused the trickle as the rear isnt as strong

Can i query guys ive swapped the pumps over and ive now a trickle coming from the front washers.

Im changing the return valve this weekend but wanted to clarify some say they aren't interchangeable and ive literally swapped em last weekend. Are they different power or just the same? Just checking whether thats caused the trickle as the rear isnt as strong

The front & rear washer motor pumps have different connections on them AFAIK. :dry:

If you've just swapped the pumps positions over then you've actually changed nothing or do you mean you've actually swapped the pumps power connectors over? if so then someones maybe put a different pump in there before as front & rear should be different connectors.

Have a read of this thread posted the other day for the answer on how to fix your weak washer jet spray: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/100604-front-washers-very-weak/

:thumbs:

Much appreciated gm might just get a new one anyway. As say the non return valve will be gone this weekend.

I did it a while ago but im sure i swapped the motors over as the rear one just reached and connected to the front washer bottle. No connectors changed so effectively im pressing the rear washer jet in the car from ot to come out of the front.

Much appreciated gm might just get a new one anyway. As say the non return valve will be gone this weekend.

I did it a while ago but im sure i swapped the motors over as the rear one just reached and connected to the front washer bottle. No connectors changed so effectively im pressing the rear washer jet in the car from ot to come out of the front.

No probs and I get what you did now. ;)

FYI

The front washer motor pump is the cheaper of the two. You can get a new aftermarket front washer motor pump for around £10 odd from Clark Motorsport but the rear washer motor pump is a little more.

Just recently though "Blue Print" have started making an aftermarket rear washer pump for the 350Z which is thankfully cheaper than the OEM ones (the OEM Nissan one is around £40-£50 odd for the rear!).

Both pumps here (although rear is the more expensive OEM): http://www.clarkmotorsport.co.uk/website/webshop/productsSearch.asp

Cheaper "Blue print" rear washer motor here (BluePrint part number ADN10316): http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blue-Print-ADN10316-Washer-Pump/dp/B00B90LE00

Hope that helps. :thumbs:

• 4 years later...

thanks for your tips.

Mine stopped working recently, symptoms were:

* no pump noise

* activating switch on steering column activated wipers ok. but no spray, so 'combination switch' is OK.

Fault finding process:

* removed driver side washer pipe connection to wiper, activated switch, no pump noise, no screen cleaning fluid pressure.

* fuse 84 in IPDM (near battery) was OK. (4th one down, right hand side)

* with fuse 84 removed orange wire on pin 44 of E8 on IPDM had no voltage, with fuse present 12v.

* removed fender protected - was a PITA as two bolts securing it to the bumper were rusted solid.

* removed connector from spray pump, connected 12v LIPO battery to it, Orange wire positive.

* pump motor did not spin.

Cause:

* faulty pump.

Removal and inspection of pump:

* removed pump, after placing 5L tray under pump to catch full tank of liquid.

* quickly noted 5L wasn't enough to catch and scooped some out into a container! haha.

* noted that the pump was visibily rusty inside the sealed plastic unit.

Inspected inside the opening and blew it through with air compressor, nothing came out, no noise from whizzing pump impeller.  motor likely seized.

Since the fault was definitely the pump I removed the bottom of it, to access the internals, the two halves are glued together in the factory, not designed to be serviced.  removed plastic impeller and noted motor shaft sounded crunchy.  gave it a few turns and re-applied power to it and sure-enough it spins up, however I don't fancy the chances of me gluing the two halves back together or it lasting for very long and ordered a new part.

I found useful information in the 350z service manual (Revision 2006 November).

In the WW.pdf file:

WW-10 has schematic.

WW-12/WW-13 has system connection diagram with cable colors, connector diagrams/pinouts.

WW-35 has section "Removal and Installation of Washer Pump" / NKS0052W

• 4 weeks later...

If you've replaced all pumps etc, try an airline through the hoses combined with a sewing needle in the jet nozzles, as even if it's pumping it can be clogged to the point where it don't function. 

Mine has pulled a load of crap through the lines {tbf it was probably me not rinsing out the old water can I used to fill it last time!) 

Just fair warning, if you do airline it.. Take the little 3 way rubber connector off the passenger side wiper (you'll see what I mean when you disassemble)... I didn't and the air line blew it across the drive. Took forever to find the bastard on a tarmaced drive lol!