Flip key - nearly sorted

jamesyj

Wooo just got my key cut and sorted :-)

Really made up with it :-)

And iv just had this made up to fit on the front. . .

dy9e7u8e.jpgapepuzy3.jpg

I can get these made up in silver or gold they will be going up for sale if anyone would like one for there key :-)

I can also get them with a big "Z" so that it is the same size as the numbers or like how I have it in the picture,

Could also get different ones saying whatever you want made up as long as it's small enough to fit on lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Awaiting delivery of a key case from eBay ( thanks for the info and links )

Been getting the car ready for my mrs to start driving it, her first comment ... "I don't like the key" - so thank god for this thread, thought I'd have to sell the car LOL

Did anyone find a supply of the 350z stickers for the rectangle cut out on the front side of the key ?

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update; I don't recommend buying from the key case seller " remotefobcentre "

We ordered our case around Christmas time and it never arrived. The seller has sold out for now and can't replace it... My opinion is that they never sent one.

Anyway, need to find another seller for this key case now, so Still haven't managed this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Little bit worried about doing this mod now, wonder if you guys can put me at ease (since obviously so many have successfully achieved it).

Took my key to the local Timpsons and they told me it's now company policy not to cut these keys anymore (any uncoded car keys) as someone had it done there but was told not to try and start the car. Anyway he did try it and the immobiliser kicked in and bricked the engine until he had paid the stealers £300 to sort it out.

So my question is, if the key is not right or I mess up with not having the electronics or this transponder thingy in the right place, is it gonna lock up on me? Or is this just the Timpsons guy selling me some BS, and if I haven't done it properly all the will happen is that it won't start till I get it right?

Also, I ordered mine from the same seller link from the beginning of this thread (remotefobcentre) - buy it now £14.99 or best offer. He accepted £9.99 which was my first offer. I saw the £7.99 one but I wasn't able to confirm the blade is the right length of 4.5cm on that auction, and it was from outside UK so would have taken a month or more to arrive and maybe not be the same quality.

• Like 1

Little bit worried about doing this mod now, wonder if you guys can put me at ease (since obviously so many have successfully achieved it).

Took my key to the local Timpsons and they told me it's now company policy not to cut these keys anymore (any uncoded car keys) as someone had it done there but was told not to try and start the car. Anyway he did try it and the immobiliser kicked in and bricked the engine until he had paid the stealers £300 to sort it out.

So my question is, if the key is not right or I mess up with not having the electronics or this transponder thingy in the right place, is it gonna lock up on me? Or is this just the Timpsons guy selling me some BS, and if I haven't done it properly all the will happen is that it won't start till I get it right?

Also, I ordered mine from the same seller link from the beginning of this thread (remotefobcentre) - buy it now £14.99 or best offer. He accepted £9.99 which was my first offer. I saw the £7.99 one but I wasn't able to confirm the blade is the right length of 4.5cm on that auction, and it was from outside UK so would have taken a month or more to arrive and maybe not be the same quality.

Sounds like BS to me. I went into my local Timpsons and the guy said they don't do them as the blades can snap in their machine and cause more damage than its worth. So I just went to another and they done it for me with no issues, just that its my responsibility if they damage the blade. Plus even if it did do that to your car (which I doubt) it would still be just as cheap as buying a new key from them in the first place :lol:

Doing the mod is easy, just take the transponder out the old key and put it into the new case and secure in with some blutac, I had no problems at all :)

The key cutting and immobiliser are two independent systems.

The key cutting is a mechanical item which like any key simply actuates a lock barrel.

The immobiliser is the little chip inside the key case, which you will need to transfer over.

Having a badly cut key will not mess up the immobiliser.

We took our key to a local security / lock smith shop and cut it no worries. Been working great since.

The key cutting and immobiliser are two independent systems.

The key cutting is a mechanical item which like any key simply actuates a lock barrel.

The immobiliser is the little chip inside the key case, which you will need to transfer over.

Having a badly cut key will not mess up the immobiliser.

We took our key to a local security / lock smith shop and cut it no worries. Been working great since.

Timpsons cut my blade (and didn't charge me for it) and it was perfect right away. The girl who cut it did state the Company policy that she couldn't gurantee it would work but then added there was no reason why it wouldn't work.

David

Timpsons bloke said the same too me too. Told him I didn't care about any warranty from him but he still wouldn't do it. That's after I fixed his sliding door for him on his shop.

Got my key cut today and now trying to put it all together, however the circuit board doesn't appear to line up with the buttons so when pressing nothing happens

Am I doing something wrong here?

I've removed the rubber tray as mentioned previously

4993431F-7738-4846-A7A4-7C52051DB3CA.jpg

0B1D5C43-4C91-4B56-B480-F1B9C1AA5647.jpg

It's ok I had to remove the plastic nobble, shown in the first pic by the angle on the circuit board, then turn the circuit board 180 degrees, the buttons now work but the key isn't cut correctly to turn the ignition :(

Now the question of do I buy another and have it cut elsewhere or just stick with the plain Jane micra key lol

• 7 months later...