Opinion Wanted on this Exhaust System.

WhackyWill

I almost bought a new exhaust for my 350Z off eBay, but maybe I should check with

my learned Zedders on here first.

Its on eBay from 1stCarParts Item No 310581966114 and described as a "Nissan G35 Exhaust

photos shows a full system and it went for £142 - 00. 1stCarParts have over 5000 parts on eBay.

Anybody had any dealings with them or this exaust system. Thanks. Will. :thumbs: :thumbs:

I'm by far no expert on exhausts (although I'd love a new one), but one thing I've gathered and learned from reading numerous posts and threads on the subject is that you get what you pay for.

If its cheap, there's normally a reason.

Would you trust a knock off Durex condom to do the job?

Now just apply that logic to everything. :D

Works for me.

DO NOT TAKE ADVICE ON CONDOMS FROM THIS MAN!!!

:p

Sorry mate I just had to :blush:

• Like 2

Looking at the sellers registered business name etc, and the items he/they have for sale, I imagine they have a cheap source for cheap(er) parts and store them in a warehouse to flog on eBay. I maybe wrong though. I think it's safe to assume they're not an aftermarket performance parts expert.

But, on the other hand, their feedback rating is very good. However eBayers (myself included) often leave feedback when the parts have been delivered and examined, rather than after a few months of use.

However, it MAY be quite a good copy of an OK exhaust and with the notorious quality of Japspeed stuff, there's a chance it may even be better. If you can afford it and for the sake of £140, it might be worth a shot.

If you do get one, and it fits perfectly, and it sounds good, and the build quality is decent, please let us all know. I'll most probably be interested in getting myself one. Possibly...

If it looks like a cheap copy of a cheap exhaust...

Take a punt if you want, you could always sell it back to close what you paid for it if it's no good. Hell, even if you can't it's only £150.

It's £150 which is great. But if it doesn't fit right or needs modding that's more money. Taking it on or off also costs money unless your DIYing it. I like the k2 I think it sounds amazing but it's badly made. Tips will start rattling soon and the baffles will pack in soon. After all that you could have had a scorpion or cobra which come with warranties and aren't known for their fitting problems.

I'm usually the guy saying buy cheap but it actually doesn't work out that why IMO. But if £150 is your budget then go for it.

• 7 months later...