soon to be 350z owner incoming, advice

deankenny

Hey guys, i am wanting a Nissan GT-R went i get to that point, around 12-15 months down the line, but in the meantime wanted something good looking with plenty of ummmphhh to satisfy me till then.

So i been looking at cars for a few weeks now, right from porsche boxsters to honda s2000's etc.

And came to the decision 350z is a super looking car with good power and best of all can be grabbed at some fantastic prices!!!

Im 27 years old and ill be honest, theres still a bit of that young lad modifying look in me i still like, so a plain 350z with no visual mods just does not interest me.

Ive seen one on ebay for £6k, looks absolutely stunning, rang them up to find its a CAT C but its all pristine and in great condition, now i dont know what to do, i love the look of it, hell id even have a 1.6 litre if they looked like that lol.

Anyway to give you guys the kind of visuals im looking for i will link the ebay ad im talking about, so all advice, comments etc greatly appreciated :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-NISSAN-350Z-UK-CAR-GT-3-5-V6-MANUAL-45K-MILES-FSH-WHITE-/321068616238?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4ac12e4a2e

Does it seem a decent price for the mileage etc considering its a CAT C ?

No, too much money for a cat c

I see, what would be a decent price to try and haggle with do you think, the guys were proper cockneys on the phone, so it would take some haggling as im a soft westcountry lad lol

I see, what would be a decent price to try and haggle with do you think, the guys were proper cockneys on the phone, so it would take some haggling as im a soft westcountry lad lol

IMO it has to come in at under 5k for any chance of getting your money back, but if your not bothered about that then buy it mate.

What about this one, it's not gt spec but if your into body kits etc you could spend the extra grand on a set of wheels, and take them off and sell them when you get rid

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201301285091537/sort/default/usedcars/model/350_z/make/nissan/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/radius/1500/page/1/postcode/ng138fq?logcode=p

IMO it has to come in at under 5k for any chance of getting your money back, but if your not bothered about that then buy it mate.

What about this one, it's not gt spec but if your into body kits etc you could spend the extra grand on a set of wheels, and take them off and sell them when you get rid

http://www.autotrade...138fq?logcode=p

I saw that one, just a shame he didnt clean it or wax for the pics, because cant really see its full potential there also the back exhausts with the mesh look a little too amatuer done but again might just be because the car is dirty and i cant take my mind off it lol

http://www.autotrade...138fq?logcode=p

I saw that one, just a shame he didnt clean it or wax for the pics, because cant really see its full potential there also the back exhausts with the mesh look a little too amatuer done but again might just be because the car is dirty and i cant take my mind off it lol

All good points to knock the price, could turn out to be a cheap zed, with enough change to fix the bits you don't like. Take the crap off the back and put some rear spats on (£250 ish painted).

Lovely looking car...check out why its a Cat C...what damage was done for it to be a Cat C.

Also I'm sure this is a Japaneese Import (JDM Japanese Domestic Market), Ask if it was an Cat

C here or brought into the Country damaged. For £6k you will get a UK supplied 350Z and most likely

a GT around a good 2003 / 4...dont be too worried about high milage..engine bullet proof as long as

its got service history.

God Luck....and welcome.. :thumbs: :thumbs: :welcome:

thanks guys for your help, i will find out that information tomorrow Fanatic thank you, will be a good 2 weeks or so before i take the plunge, as i like to do a bit of research on whats what with these motors beforehand :) Hence my signing up here, community seems pretty friendly so far, with all range of modified 350z's all welcome :)

I tend to think it's a U.K car but the pictures are somewhat inconclusive. It does look to have a U.K front bumper complete with headlight washers and the radio has English writing on it but the other things that would clinch it aren't photographed. Now then, Ice white is not a Zed colour so no wonder its rare, the actual Zed colour is Pearl white. If it is indeed Pearl White and its a U.K car then its had a respray which is quite feasible for a Cat C. Pearl White 350's were only available in The U.K for a short period in 2008.

Price? hard to say but in the region of 5.5k I guess?.

As far as Cat C cars go they have to have a VOSA extended test before they can go back on the road, unlike Cat D cars you can be a bit more confident that it's been repaired properly.

Ask if it was an Cat

C here or brought into the Country damaged.

I doubt that anyone would go to the trouble of shipping a damaged car all the way from Japan where they'll almost certainly have different rules for disposing of Insurance write offs...but you never know.

Welcome BTW.

Pete