Customer service or an email from a 5 year old?

glrnet

You decide:-

I am currently in dispute with British Gas regarding our boiler service contract. I sent them a letter on 13th January and received this reply by email from this delightfully illiterate "Senior Customer Service Advisor" on Saturday!! I see what Centrica are up to, first they introduce you to Call Centre personnel who you can barely understand on the phone and then they invite you to write in so they can demonstrate that they are wholly consistent an inept with any form of communication skill. :shrug: I have replied..........................

Dear Mr Roberts

Thank you for your email. First of all I’d like to take this opportunity to apologies for any inconvenience caused. Unfortunately unable to open the attachment document. I would be grateful Resend to me again for complaint on your behalf.

Please reply through return email so that it includes the previous email which details your complaint.

I look forward to your co-operation.

Your enquiry ref: 5785890

Regards,

Javed Shah

Sr.Customer Service Advisor.

God this kind of thing winds me up, normally in these kindsof situations your are stressed enough as it is trying to get things fixed and things go wrong but then to have the hassle when tryingto communicate this to them.....

A friend of the family had a similar issue with his insurance company about a claim for his car as he was in an accident. He told them

Him: "i was in a stream of traffic when the car infront stopped abruptly and i went into the back of them"

Advisor: " was there any water damage"

Him: "pardon"

Advisor: " did your car suffer any water damage"

Him: "what are you on about, i drove into the car infront"

Advisor: "what about the stream"

Him: "..............."

• Like 1

Disfriggingusting

In a similar vein, I note that when Admiral want your business, you're connected to a Canadian call centre via freecall, whereas when you don't want to renew your policy with them and are attempting to cancel, you're given a number to ring which is premium rate, to a call centre populated by people who can't string two words of English together ... that's why I left ... tossers !

Edited by ATTAK Z

To be fair, judging by the name, English is probably their second language and so it's not a bad attempt. It also looks like spell check may have corrected a few of their words.

With respect that isn't the point. If Centrica want a decent customer service department then pay some proper money to give us, the customer, who, after all contribute to their profits a decent customer service level. Paying peanuts, gets you monkeys and that is ultimately disrespectful to the customer. Rant over :)

When you can get £300 odd quid a week in benefits why would you want to work in a UK call centre :shrug:

Having the call centre in the UK doesn't always solve the problem some are still useless but I agree I don't like outsourcing... although what does anyone buy these days that is manufactured or grown in the UK...

To be fair, judging by the name, English is probably their second language and so it's not a bad attempt. It also looks like spell check may have corrected a few of their words.

With respect that isn't the point. If Centrica want a decent customer service department then pay some proper money to give us, the customer, who, after all contribute to their profits a decent customer service level. Paying peanuts, gets you monkeys and that is ultimately disrespectful to the customer. Rant over :)

:lol: fair point, I was more referring to the emailers poor use of English than saying the company should be using them. Agree with your rant.

When you can get £300 odd quid a week in benefits why would you want to work in a UK call centre :shrug:

Having the call centre in the UK doesn't always solve the problem some are still useless but I agree I don't like outsourcing... although what does anyone buy these days that is manufactured or grown in the UK...

Oh, you'd be surprised. Get into the defence, law enforcement or national security arena. That stuff is generally home grown and not outsourced for obvious reasons. Bot for general public I agree.

:lol: fair point, I was more referring to the emailers poor use of English than saying the company should be using them. Agree with your rant.

Sorry, I thought you were saying it was ok :blush:

@SMD not yet anyway! :surrender:

i leave companies that out source their customer support.

or if i'm looking at signing with someone i discount any who outsource.

Even if they are much much cheaper? E.g. IMO the polite Indian staff of 3 are much better than the rude UK staff at EE/orange. Same with most people at halifax can gtf but AMEX has Eastern Asian call centres I think and they are so so so helpful.

recently i've had an issue with my address being used to set up a lot of fraudlent phone accounts. because of this i have had to deal with every mobile company going, my findings so far

O2 (also my current phone provider) UK call centre - fast and brilliant service, basically took the details said don't worry we'll sort from here, and they've been spot on - pleasure to deal with

EE - got through to a UK call centre, again brilliant knew what to do, took details and sorted it, polite friendly super service

Vodaphone - think i was directed to somewhere in asia. people very friendly, but couldn't work out side the script, they didn;t fill me with confidence that the problem was sorted, but to give them their dues, it seems to have been fixed

Orange - se comment for vodaphone

i will tell you what i have found to be the best invention is the new live webchat that O2 use (possilby others) doesn;t matter where they are from or where they are, it just seems to work, typed text is so much easier, no waiting on phones, everything is typed so no mistakes from language barriers. if a company has webchat i use it. i don;t ring unless i really have to.

i leave companies that out source their customer support.

or if i'm looking at signing with someone i discount any who outsource.

Even if they are much much cheaper? E.g. IMO the polite Indian staff of 3 are much better than the rude UK staff at EE/orange. Same with most people at halifax can gtf but AMEX has Eastern Asian call centres I think and they are so so so helpful.

Agreed far politer but ultimately usually far more useless at helping. Not their fault mind......if I was stuck on the end of the phone listening to someone talking in various dialects of punjabi I'd be far less useful because unlike them I'm too ignorant to learn another language.

On another point just how fecked off would you be as a qualified doctor/lawyer etc (as most of them are) and end up plying yor trade listening to moaning Brits all day. It's no wonder these nations are desperate for nuclear power.......Bollocks to religious reasons nuke the site from orbit just because ive got to answer the phone to the pissflap motherfeckers moaning about their sodding Internet/gas/car insurance day in day out!