I am officially a Feckin numpty..........

drfeelgood73

There I was reading through all the instructions for fitting the new wing mirror foldy in mod from Flyboy, planning it with the wife and kids in mind....

Door card off....... Easy

Wiring loom layout and familiarisation .......Easy

Disconnecting of the battery.......Easy

Connecting in the wires.......Easy

But then........

Whilst doing the mod it was really windy, so closed the bonnet to stop it wobbling around....

Just about to do the last bit , connecting in the wire behind the speaker, when the good wife called me in for tea.... No problem.... I thought........lol

Door closed .... In for tea....

But as it turned out ,by the time tea was over and the kids wanted to play on the wii, I decided to leave the last little bit till this morning.....

Bright and breezy but bloody snowy and cold out I went to.......

Ah...... With the battery disconnected and the hood down...... The door card removed.....

How do you open the door.......????

Well you have to jack the car up....... Remove the wonderful aluminium under tray...... Reach up and try to pull the bonnet catch , whilst becoming a snowman......

Bonnet open, tray back on , return car to the ground and finish that so called 20 minute job you told the wife it would be 2 hours before......

At least it gave me a chance to check for any oil, and general condition under there....

Opps - O well at least it's all sorted now :thumbs:

Did mine yesterday - would have been quicker if I read the bit about the purple wire behind the speaker but I sat there looking at the switch for 10mins then read post one again on the thread - whipped the speaker of found the wire - jobs a good un :)

Now that I am all thawed out I can have a good laugh..... But many a cursed word was spoken at the time...

The mod works perfectly, well worth the hassle....

Will honestly say as well...... Disconnecting the battery is definitely the way to go when resetting the ecu light...

I tried the bloody peddle dance about 20 times.... Could I get the damn thing to start blinking and reset.... Yes I had a stopwatch.....

Cleaned the throttle and maf sensor as well whilst all the good stuff was off, surprisingly clean....

Well that's my bits done for now.... Back to the drawing board for the rest....