Audi drivers, did they all have a meeting...

AMT

to decide a takeover from BMW and Mercedes.... For the record I like Audi's and I know the Z attracts attention...sometimes wanted, sometimes not. What I have noticed is the unwanted ones all seem to be these days in Audi's! In the last few days I had a new shape TT sitting on my backside and today an A3 (you know black, those quite nice Audi blade alloys, but its only a 1.6 or something lol etc...) decided when I passed it to jump into the fast lane and chase me and sit right on my tail until he had to get off at his junction :yawn: Did I bite...no lol

Anyone else have this sort of attention? It comes in two categories I'm now learning as a reasonably new owner....admiration when your parked, petrol stations etc, when your driving... you are a target that 'lesser' cars MUST pass! lol :lol:

Edited by AMT
  • Like 1

Audi drivers do it all the time. I can remember once one was up my backside in the 40 bit. After the round about its a dual carrigeway 70 limit. He went on the outside and I floored it in my clio and left him for dead till 70mph as I dont break the limit. He passed me finely going silly speed as I sat there smug. I saw him at the petrol station later and he asked why he couldnt pass me. I was like I think your car is broken or maybe audis are just crap my clio is only a 1.2. It does say 2.0 16v down the side but I dont think he noticed. Should have seen his face.

• Like 1

:lol:

I'm still getting used to the way hot hatchback drivers look at you...kinda 'thats nice but I hate you..' lol But back to the subject, theres no need to chase cars! I think I've done it a couple of times, seen a lambo, I'll keep up a bit (but at a nice distance) to see the car, you don't often see that kinda stuff so I wanted a look, then just back to normal, why you would sit right up someones anus with your LED running lights I don't know, especially if you can't get past cos' theres a huge line of traffic infront of me! Pointless....lol I don't suddenly think..."jesus! Four rings! I better move....eh no" :lol:

:lol:

I'm still getting used to the way hot hatchback drivers look at you...kinda 'thats nice but I hate you..' lol But back to the subject, theres no need to chase cars! I think I've done it a couple of times, seen a lambo, I'll keep up a bit (but at a nice distance) to see the car, you don't often see that kinda stuff so I wanted a look, then just back to normal, why you would sit right up someones anus with your LED running lights I don't know, especially if you can't get past cos' theres a huge line of traffic infront of me! Pointless....lol I don't suddenly think..."jesus! Four rings! I better move....eh no" :lol:

I personally think audis are pap anyway. Its like if I was cool id be in a bmw or merc but no i bought a tarted up vw because it has leds and halfords alloys. Horrible things IMO.

I thought it was common knowledge that Audi drivers were the new BMW drivers and had been for a few years? I had the misfortune to have to drive a BMW (company car, not my choice) and I hated every second because other drivers expected me to drive like an ar$e. I am sure that I astonished some people when I pulled over for them on our single track lanes instead of speeding past and splattering them with mud :lol: I had an Audi revving up behind me at lights yesterday. I ignored him. I recommend you do the same.

I also slow down till they back off, it say's 370Z on the back i don't need to prove it.

You may notice in the rain that nobody is up your arse due to the amount of spay you tyres kick up.

Still sometime i do like to show off. Now you see me now you don't.

I personally think Nissans are pap anyway. Its like if I was cool id be in a bmw or merc but no i bought a tarted up Datsun because it has a fat arse and halfords alloys. Horrible things IMO.

;)

Drivers make for idiotic driving, not the cars. I like Audi styling and especially the interiors, I just wish they drove as well as they looked.

I personally think Nissans are pap anyway. Its like if I was cool id be in a bmw or merc but no i bought a tarted up Datsun because it has a fat arse and halfords alloys. Horrible things IMO.

;)

Drivers make for idiotic driving, not the cars. I like Audi styling and especially the interiors, I just wish they drove as well as they looked.

I drive a merc and BMW regularly. AAwesome cars so i dont see your point? Also the 350 doesnt have 2 tone wheels or naff designs, look at ant audi bar the orginal quattro wihin about 4 years they date so bad. Look at the a4 at the same period as the e36 and then the e46 they look accient, interiors IMO are again just VW interiors with red lights instead of blue. Audi drivers do drive worse though e,g. If was snowing the other day heavy snow roads where getting snowy driving conditions are getting worse, The people doing 90 are the people with Quattro on their grills,You have never been to Glasgow or Aberdeen. More common then tracks suits and the word fit!

Also never grew up with Datsun it's always been Nissan since I was young. therefore I don't really get the badge snobbery.

It is a shame that some drivers spoil the reputation of a car.

I've never seen a Zed driven recklessly/tw@tishly yet, we're all good boys & girls.

There used to be one that I saw going around and drove a little too fast.

I agree with you though although it's unproportionaly high with Audi drivers. Although range rover and most 4x4's are just as bad and vectra drivers are terrible too.

;)

+1, Audi have subtle, tasteful style cracked - both inside and outside.

When people sit right up my a**e I generally slow down until they back off, they usually get the hint (or they aren't sure what I'm going to do next). Either way it gets mes some space safely and it never fails to make me smile :)

Easily the best way to do it

Although I agree people seem to have to pass a ****'s exam before they are allowed to drive certain cars, unfortunately these days it seems to be just anyone in general! Last night Mike had a lorry tight up behind him the in slow lane flashing his lights to make him go faster even though he was doing 50mph in the 50 zone on the M25 where there are speed cameras, said lorry eventually overtook him so hopefully he got caught by the cameras!

Do people still tar every single driver of one particular brand with the same brush? Seriously? Thousands and thousands of audis in the uk but they all drive the same?

So what happens when an Audi owner drives their partners car once in a while? They become normal? Or when my wife had an Audi when I drove it did I become one of them? Lol

If people said all zed owners were the same there would be an uproar. Even AMT wouldve complained if he still had his Hyundai :lol:

• Like 1

you made the mistake of thinking thats the fast lane; its not, thats the german lane. your only meant to use it if you drive a german car, apparently its written into the law, if you use it and there is a german car behind you must let it past. its why they are so expensive, the extra cost is to hlep pay for the german lane on motorways and dual carriageways.

• Like 1

Obviously not every Audi or BMW driver is an idiot but, sadly, from personal observation a lot of them appear be, judging by their way of driving. I drove my husband's BMW safely as did he and, strangely, we both got a lot less BMW drivers travelling half an inch off our back bumpers when we appeared to be 'one of them' than we did in any of our other cars (Fiat Panda, Zed, Evoque).

I don't think that the cars themselves make people into unsafe idiots but I do think that a lot of bad drivers are drawn to both BMWs and, latterly, Audis, for some reason - presumably the image that the manufacturers try to cultivate?

Oi........... I drive an Audi now, when you're all finished.................

And before anyone says it, it wasn't me right up TwoBears rear end!!! :bleh:

I thought it was common knowledge that Audi drivers were the new BMW drivers and had been for a few years? I had the misfortune to have to drive a BMW (company car, not my choice) and I hated every second because other drivers expected me to drive like an ar$e. I am sure that I astonished some people when I pulled over for them on our single track lanes instead of speeding past and splattering them with mud :lol: I had an Audi revving up behind me at lights yesterday. I ignored him. I recommend you do the same.