Reversing aids

GSheridanWallis

Reversing aids? Bit late now, you should have worn a nodder.

...but how can you keep bumping into things?? Just have a look around either before you make your maneuver, or before you get in the car at what your potential obstacles are - then nothing will surprise you.

Reversing aids? Bit late now, you should have worn a nodder.

LOL was going to post that. Im sure some cars came with them and you can retro fit Nissan or other reversing sensors. If you have a headunit with a screen you can probably wire up a camera too :thumbs:

The main point is... have you seen a 350Z bumper... its almost one piece look , just a round backside, imagine bumping into stuff....it'll be fecked :scare: If you are unsure stick your head out the door for a second lol Otherwise yeah... reversing sensor things. :lol:

Have a search, there are instruction posted on here somewhere, Steelmate are a good reliable make, I use them on fleet vehicles I look after.

I had Steelmate units retrofitted to mine - supply & fit (including having them colour coded) was about £130 from my local (Redhill) Car Audio centre.

David

Dont have any reversing aids what so ever but if you see how tiny our roads are and what space we have for parking and what not you'll know why they aint needed.

You quickly learn the size of your car otherwise you'll wreck your car!

haven't bumped into anything yet - normally when i'm reversing back against a wall or something i find myself stopping about a foot short! I'm slowly learning that the inside of the boot is only maybe 4 inches in from the back of the car, so can actually park a lot closer than I think... The zed is actually a lovely little compact car compared to most monstrosities on the road these days ( a current 12MY ford focus is 5cm longer than a zed!)