japspeed induction kit - opinions

wizurd

Afternoon,

Probably going to regret asking this :) but wondered if anyone had any experience with an induction kit that japspeed do for the 350z?

http://www.japspeed.co.uk/Nissan-350Z/Nissan-350Z/Nissan-350Z-Cold-Air-Induction-Kit/p-19-1-697/

Thats the one, not sure if it's going to be flimsy or look pants, also i don't know if japspeed are any good.

I don't believe the performance gains but i'm just looking to change the note of the engine really.

Any advice/opinions welcomed.

Cheers

Has anyone actually tried one though.....

Would you want to buy from people with such dreadful customer service? Perhaps more importantly, that filter at the end is the only thing stopping your car sucking up all sorts of nasties straight into the engine: Would you want to scrimp there? Maybe if it was £70 just for the filter I could understand it, but they've also got to include all that shiny metal for that price so how much do you think was spent on the actual filtration? :wink:

It's not something I would ever consider trying, not when there's so many other quality options around.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to revive an old thread, but thought you might like to know what they are like, I bought one when they first came out. The bends are all angled wrong and the short one is WAY too short and the long one is probably from another car, I can't even work out how it would fit. The brackets are in the wrong place, the "silicone hoses" are like cheese. The Metal is of a lower quality than tin foil, the air filter is like office paper. The ONLY part of it still on my car is the adapter from the air sensor to the cone. I have a different cone on it though now. That final piece will be gone once my apexi arrives on Wednesday!

Sorry to revive an old thread, but thought you might like to know what they are like, I bought one when they first came out. The bends are all angled wrong and the short one is WAY too short and the long one is probably from another car, I can't even work out how it would fit. The brackets are in the wrong place, the "silicone hoses" are like cheese. The Metal is of a lower quality than tin foil, the air filter is like office paper. The ONLY part of it still on my car is the adapter from the air sensor to the cone. I have a different cone on it though now. That final piece will be gone once my apexi arrives on Wednesday!

Do you work for Japspeed? That sounds like a sales pitch to me! :lol:

Top quality product then!

• Like 3

Cheap sh*t from a company I wouldn't ask to wash my buttocks for me. Definitely go elsewhere. :)

lol i was expecting that might be the answer :)

One made from the insides of toilet rolls and tin foil on Blue Peter would probably be more sturdy :surrender:

fixed that for you

:pmtarmac:

• Like 1