Golf Clubs in A Roadster?

greido

I'm looking to get my girlfriend a new car and considering the 370z as I really liked my 350z when I had it, that was a coupe so we're thinking of may looking at Roadsters,firstly for a change and secondly, they might be better value at this time of year,does anyone have any experience of the Roadster being much cheaper in winter?

Also, has anyone ever tried to get golf clubs into a Roadster? - If so, how did you get on?

Thanks in advance.

Golf clubs do fit, but only 1 bag, as it only fits because of a side 'pocket' which is about 10" (Sorry - 250mm) square by about 6" (150mm) deep and you have to shuffle the bag in

If you and the Mrs want to play you won't get 2 bags in

Not quite right with this i spent the weekent at Lancaster Golf club and got 2 x golf bags and two weekend bags in the boot. A bit of a squeeze but possible.

Thanks very much guys, all your comments are much appreciated. Delighted to hear that I'll get my clubs in! - That was the main reason I sold my Elise.

I've had a quick look at the Roadster advertised here and it looks great but to be honest we don't want to go above £17k, also, we're gonna try to drive both a Coupe and Roadster, as well as an Auto and a Manual so we're still undecided about what we're after. I think I'd like a Manual Roadster and my girlfriend prefers an Auto but unsure about Coupe or Roadster.... It's gonna be her car so she'll have final say .... But I'll hopefully have a fair bit of influence!

I've had a quick look at the Roadster advertised here and it looks great but to be honest we don't want to go above £17k

You might want to check out Rog's latest post today :wink:

+1 on this

Golf clubs do fit, but only 1 bag, as it only fits because of a side 'pocket' which is about 10" (Sorry - 250mm) square by about 6" (150mm) deep and you have to shuffle the bag in

If you and the Mrs want to play you won't get 2 bags in

Not quite right with this i spent the weekent at Lancaster Golf club and got 2 x golf bags and two weekend bags in the boot. A bit of a squeeze but possible.

You might get 2 bags in a standard coupe, but you DEFINITELY WILL NOT GET 2 FULL SIZED BAGS IN A ROADSTER

You MIGHT get 2 half set bags or 2 lightweight bags in - and you might get 2 full bags in a coupe but you won't get 2 full sizebags in a ROADSTER because I've tried

Sorry to be a bit strident here . . . . but I do have a ragtop Zed . . . . .

Happy New Year to all and all other mollifying platitudes . . . .

Edited by ianphampton

I read "golf clubs"... "roadster" then looked at the top to see what forum I was on.... :mellow: C'mon... people who buy this type of car shouldn't be playing golf... :wink: lol I have a family member who was a captain of a golf club, he looked at my old coupe and went... "you won't get a set of clubs in that.." I looked at him like... :sly: ..(I despise golf & I'm a little stirring macine... :stir: )

PS. Don't think a set would actually go in a roadster, prob the Coupe though.... *sigh* :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking to get my girlfriend a new car and considering the 370z as I really liked my 350z when I had it, that was a coupe so we're thinking of may looking at Roadsters,firstly for a change and secondly, they might be better value at this time of year,does anyone have any experience of the Roadster being much cheaper in winter?

Also, has anyone ever tried to get golf clubs into a Roadster? - If so, how did you get on?

Thanks in advance.

How did you get on with this mate? Did you get her a 370z?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jay,

She almost got a 370 roadster but she couldn't agree on a price, wasn't far away but not close enough to push a deal through unfortunately.

Still keeping an eye out for a good deal; she is very specific about what she's looking for and is in no rush; we sold her car in November and it's not caused us any issues as we commute together, it's only gonna be an issue when I start playing golf after work again so I reckon we'll have until the clocks change when it'll become a pressing issue.

Until then, my brief is to find something that fits into the following criteria:

Good price to minimise depreciation (she's an accountant!)

Sat nav

Parking assist (pref camera)

Good fun

Desirable colour

Reliable

Unlikely to incur repair bills

Fits golf clubs

Something I would want to drive (chances are, no matter what she gets I'll end up driving it as she's fallen in love with my X5)

Above is my remit, my preference is a 370z roadster or a Boxster but it won't be the latter because my previous Boxster had a few very expensive repairs, unlike my zed which cost £1.20 in three and a half years on repairs over and above servicing, tyres and brake pads.

• 2 weeks later...

Gordon, I hope you're well. Just in case you're still hunting I thought these images might help. Firstly a picture of the sticker. Secondly using my 14m old Son as scale of the boot's capacity ;)

edit - for some reason it won't let me upload them??? Well under the max limit. Odd. Sorry - I tried. Could always e-mail you if you want.