'60' plate 370Z Roadster GT - 11,000 miles

rogerxp

Looking for a change, received some trade-in offers, but wondered whether their may be any takers on here?? I'd rather it go to a forum member if possible -:

Nissan 370Z Roadster – GT Spec – 60 plate - Manual

• Sourced from Northern Ireland and brought over by me in April 2012 when my ownership started – I’m the second owner (bought with 1,700 miles on the clock). I must stress it is a UK car, supplied by UK Nissan Main Dealer (Shelbourne Motors), so not an import that some searches spring up. Original registration was AXZ 6272 but is now re-registered on the mainland with a UK V5. There is no official XXYY XXX style registration plate allocated to the car yet as my private plate went straight on. A UK style plate will be allocated once I take my plate off.
  • Current mileage 11,000
  • Full P2 (major one) Service done last month – full main dealer service history
  • Also last month a new fabric hood fitted under warranty as passenger window caught the fabric when opened and wore a hole – new hood and realigned window sorted this. The hood is as you’d imagine immaculate.
  • Condition inside is showroom
  • Condition outside is very good, it’s picked up a scuff on the front bumper but nothing a good buff-up wouldn’t sort out I'm sure
  • One alloy is in need of a refurb but it really doesn’t trouble me overly so not bothered getting it done
  • 12 months remaining manufacturer warranty
  • Spec – everything that comes with a GT car – touch screen sat nav, heated/cooled electric leather seats, full ipod integration, rear parking sensors, music box hard disc in dash, folding mirrors, xenons, etc.

I’ve just put on 12 months road tax which I was going to cash-in upon trade-in however it a bit more tricky obviously on a private sale. That said, it needs a full set of tyres, which kind of off-sets-ish the value of the remaining tax disc – I was going to stick a full set of Falkens on it (as I’ve had on many Beemers before) which are around £500 for the set.

I’ve been offered decent enough trade-in figures so could let it go for £19,000. This make is one of the cheapest on Auto-Trader (amongst the 'undesirable' auto’s) and undercuts the cheapest GT car on Nissan’s website by £2,500.

Let me know if you need anything else. Only delay from my side is I'm yet to remove my plate.

Pics to follow (not allowing me right now!!)

ZedIMG_0634.jpg

ZedIMG_0629.jpg

ZedIMG_0623.jpg

ZedIMG_0617.jpg

ZedIMG_0613.jpg

Edited by rogerxp

Gunmetal with black leather. Pictures will be up shortly once my wife has stopped fannying about & can take the kids for 5 minutes :)

Any comments on advert/price etc gratefully received. No need to poi t out that November isn't the best time to try to sell a soft top ;) . Any comments on price are welcomed (good or bad) via PM as I'm really not sure what it's worth (apart from my quick research on t'internet).

Erm, any idea why I can't upload photos?? Just trying to attach a jpeg from my desktop which are around between 250-400kb (it states no bigger than 2mb). Any thoughts??

Edited by rogerxp

I presume you have your photos in Photobucket, Image Shack - all you need to do is click on the green little green box (IMAGE) in the reply pane and then put in the URL of the pic you want to paste up and submit. :thumbs:

I thought your 370 was either Universal Silver or Twiglet, BTW ;)

Finally worked out my photobucket account - photos added to the opening post for convenience...

Maybe I should add that I am very reluctantly looking to change me car. 2013 at work is going to be much busier and my mileage will increase quite significantly. The Zed isn't quite the right car for high mileage hence the 'for sale' add. I've been taking my wife's Qashqai on long journeys for the last 6 months but problem with this is, with two kids, it leaves her without transport for the day. Whilst my replacement doesn't need to be hugely more efficient (a little would be nice), if it had a few more seats, at least I could still take the QQ but leave a useable car behind.

• 2 weeks later...

Little update for you - my car now is now riding on new rubber. Not brand new but bought from a trusted source so 6mm all round. OEM Bridgestones.

I've now come to the conclusion that selling my car for £19,000 is virtually giving it away, yes, I know the time of year is hardly in my favour but still seems too cheap given what else is out there. Going to shortly get my alloys refurbed and try to sell privately (as in, on AT/PH/eBay, etc) and likely going to ask for a little bit more - or I know a trader who'll do it for me, so, grab yourself a bargain quickly as the price may well go up once phase 2 is put into force to bring it in line with what else is out there.

Edited by rogerxp

Good luck with the sale mate. Its a shame as I had to do the same a few months back. With the current climate, I opted just to part ex at the local bmw dealer to save the hassle of trying to shift privately. Needless to say the price I got wasnt the best, but it saved me the hassle and I managed to knock a good bit of a virtually new bmw diesel.

Yup, cheapest on AT is/was £20k (auto/red) but mine should be more desirable and on Nissan is £21.5k from memory, so trade-in figures of £17k frankly laughable (but to be expected at this time of year). Not in a huge rush to sell, still love it, but sell for a 'fair' price quicker if an offer was put on the table.

We'll see, it's hardly going to lose much value between now & when the weather improves, so can be patient.

Still, would stand by my price for a forum member. Obviously the Stillen is available separately (or together if the buyer wants it).

Trade in of £17k is fair, £1k to prep and £1k to haggle down on would leave a sale price of £20.5k on a £21.5k list price, so a profit of just £2.5k tops. Risky buying a ragtop in the winter, the dealer could have it on the forecourt until April and lose all profit in it.

• 1 month later...

Firesale time - a replacement has appeared after 12 months of looking. Anyone want to make me an offer in the region of £18k (£1k under the cheapest available on AT)??? If this deal doesn't come off then I'm keeping the Zed :wink: .

Quick summary -:

• Gunmetal Grey (Twilight Grey technically)
  • Black leather
  • 12,000 miles
  • I’m the second owner (I bought from dealer 6 months old with 2,700 on the clock)
  • Car bought from UK Main Dealer in Northern Ireland (Shelbourne Motors) so a UK car
  • Mainland UK V5 and will have a standard UK60 XXX style reg allocated when my private plate removed
  • Registered – September 2010
  • Taxed until October 2013
  • Tyres – 5-6mm tread all round
  • Service – full main dealer service history (2x Westway Nissan, Stockport) – last service October 2012
  • Specification - everything that comes with a GT car – touch screen sat nav, heated/cooled electric leather seats, full ipod integration, rear parking sensors, music box hard disc in dash, folding mirrors, xenons, etc.
  • One alloy could do with a refurb, been quoted £60, just not got round to doing it

Edited by rogerxp

Thanks guys, I really would be sad to see it go, I absolutely love it but this year will see much bigger mileage so the Zed will start costing me an uncomfortable amount in fuel. It's not the end of the world if I keep it (oh the hardship :wink: ) but it might get to the point where filling up constantly will wind me up more than the actual cost (that I claim back anyway) if that makes sense.

It's priced very keenly, basically because of this other car I've spotted (after 12 months of searching), so need to tempt someone who might have been waiting until summer before making a purchase. I know if I wait a few months, and be patient, I'll easily get £19k for it, but then this other car won't be there.

If I don't sell the Zed quickly, or if this other car sells, then I'll just hold onto the Zed and review it in summer when it's a more attractive proposition (but an even harder wretch to part with).

Spread the word with anyone who may be interested as it'll only be available at this price whilst this other car is available.

Oh, the only delay from my side of things is I'm yet to take my private plate off, but this usually only takes 1-2 weeks.

Edited by rogerxp

You know what guys, having done some prelimanary figures, I may even accept a figure starting with £17,xxx for a quick hassle free sale which is frankly making it a bonkers raving bargain of the year (so far!!). Can't say fairer than that can I??

Edited by rogerxp