'60' plate 370Z Roadster GT - 11,000 miles

rogerxp

Well, at least it's getting more attention than it did before :wink: . The only reason is that the car I've seen is the 'perfect' car for me, I've been waiting about 12 months for the exect spec to turn up (in fact, the major issue was getting it with a manual box, the v.high spec of this one is just a bonus) and is the only thing that will see me part with the Zed. They won't shift lower on the price of their car, the trade-in is woefully low (well, it's not that bad, but isn't helping the figures) so scraping a little more into the deal via the Zed means everything falls into place. Yes, OK someone could end up with a stupidly cheap Zed, but I'll get more than I've currently been offered (we both gain!), and I get this particular car. If I hold out a couple of months, and maybe get £19k, this car will be gone and more than likely nothing else will be suitable. Worth a £2k hit (£1k in reality in January)? It's horses for courses really, I'd likely end up losing much more if I waited and got £18k/£19k for the Zed, had to buy something I wasn't truly happy with, and change again quickly after. This is the price you pay for being a fussy bugger :blush:

Surely someone on the forum will snap it up :shrug:

I have £25k burning a hole in my pocket and if it wasn't earmarked for a Jag I would be tempted to buy this and get it wrapped in a nice deep metalic blue :cloud9:

Do it - Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag's are for old folk :wink:

• Like 1

I have £25k burning a hole in my pocket and if it wasn't earmarked for a Jag I would be tempted to buy this and get it wrapped in a nice deep metalic blue :cloud9:

buying a jag you must be a pipe smoker :lol: :lol: :lol: and money to burn!

buying a jag you must be a pipe smoker :lol: :lol: :lol: and money to burn!

Maybe....

Getting a bit bored with the Zed, this summer will almost certainly be the last, that's if it takes me that long to find my XF :cloud:

phone up 'We buy anycar' that is what dealers are doing there not using Glasses Guide to value cars anymore .

I wouldn't if I were you, see this http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/travel/2011/04/They-buy-any-car-for-less-dot-com

And this http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=454633http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=454633

phone up 'We buy anycar' that is what dealers are doing there not using Glasses Guide to value cars anymore .

I wouldn't if I were you, see this http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/travel/2011/04/They-buy-any-car-for-less-dot-com

And this http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=454633http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=454633

Agreed WBAC is just another company born out of the recession that is designed to pray on the desperate and vulnerable. I'm surprised they don't have a pay day loan subsidiary.

Hi mate, I really feel the pain for you I'm watching 370's at the moment for my next purchase ( already had a roadster so want a coupe) but the prices are really dropping for the 370 it's a buyers market for sure.

Think the time has come to remove the car from 'official' sale as I just can't get the figures to stack up against the car I'm after. Thank you to the two members of this forum who I've been in talks with in the background but unfortunately didn't quite come off (so so close though). By the time I stick my car onto AutoTrader the specific car I'm after will no doubt have been sold so I'm not going to bother as there isn't another like it available in the UK to fall back on (and hasn't been for some time :blush: ).

I suppose, if any forum members are interested in my car at any point in the future, please feel free to get in touch and we can see how the land lies and whether a deal can be agreed upon.

Thank you to everyone for contributing to this thread and keeping it alive :clap: . It's no hardship really when the worst that can happen is that I still drive (or slither at present) around in a fantastic 370Z Roadster :yahoo:

Edited by rogerxp

What car are you after that can possibly be that rare?

You wouldn't a thought this car would be all that rare but trust me they're like hens teeth (decent ones at least). A 330d coupe with a MANUAL 'box with all the toys that I insist on. Don't mind revealing all now that I've backed-out but there an LCI model (facelift) out there which is an amazing bargain considering its massive spec. If I were to spec a car from the factory it would be exactly like the one I've seen - that never happens!!! I'm only a few hundred quid behind but it's enough to derail the plan.

Edited by rogerxp

On the CC along with a new bathroom & a tonne of other housey stuff currently going on - eeck. It was turning into a cost neutral exchange but the Beemer would have saved me in the long run due to increased travelling this year. Might seem daft letting a deal slip over a relatively small amount of money but have to be realistic sometimes. Will revisit it perhaps when the sun comes out.

Presume you have factored in the Stillen that in itself is worth a "few hundred quid" ?

Good time towards the end of the month to lean on the salesman who may be finding it difficult to hit targets at this time of year ;)

The cost to be recouped by flogging the Stillen is ear-marked to remap the 330d which will make it an absolute beast. I've had the 3.0d engine twice before (3 series saloon & X3) and it's an amazing engine but this LCI version is leagues ahead of what I had before. I've just redone the figures and seems I under-estimated the overall savings so will be making a call in the morning me thinks. The trader vastly improved the deal he previously offered which has completely turned things on its head. Fun fun fun.

Still in battle with Stillen over their rusty exhaust - all good fun - probably start another thread on that at some point.