buying from America

rothers2901

Depends on how it's sent if its USPS you'll have tax on the goods value and delivery value at 20%.

ParcelForce charge about £15 just for handling the package.

If its DHL you won't have the £15 handling fee but will still may pay tax.

Say £12-27 on top of your current total as a guide.

• Like 1

Picked up my Nardi handbrake handle from parcelforce today. Cost was roughly the same as what your looking to order and had to pay vat and parcelforce charge of £8 total added to order was £20

I have brought several items from abroad including America and it's a bit of a lottery, mostly I haven't had to pay extra but a couple of times I have had to pay to collect a couple of items, both times it was only a few quid though....

Agreed, Caroline buys loads of stuff for her crafting hobby from The States, some $200 plus some $10 or less. She's been hit a couple of times £11 to pay on the last item but mainly pays nothing. Most sellers from the U.S will not send items with an invoice as a "gift".

Pete

Picked up my Nardi handbrake handle from parcelforce today. Cost was roughly the same as what your looking to order and had to pay vat and parcelforce charge of £8 total added to order was £20

That was the last thing i got from the states, the first got no charge (wasso has that now) 2nd had to stump up £15 extra i think....

Both from CowdersCustoms

If the price of the part is less than £135 then no duty is charged.

You will still have to pay VAT @20% (On the item and delivery charge) and probably the Royal Mail handling fee which is £8 IIRC.

That's right, there is a mere £15 allowance before items are subject to VAT.

Pete