Where do I sign?...

AMT

Convertibles/Roadsters...there crap no matter how I look at them, especially if most your models have came as automatics or flappy paddly nonsense :yuck: But look at the new F-Type someones lucky enough to have already... and you can get them in good ol' manuals! I think its one of those wierd ones that you couldn't be sure how it'd look if they gave it a coupe roof... I wouldn't mind one tho... :)

http://www.autogespot.nl/jaguar-f-type-s/2013/01/02

Aww nooo no no lol Its a great lookin' little thing and I say little by the looks of it, its a compact little bugger. Only thing I'd swap is the middle pipes..you can get 2 either side, which would look better. Still convertible though...bleh...I wouldn't say no put it that way :lol: Wonder what its like inside, seen pictures looks good. When I bought my Zed from Lotus they had a few fancy cars in (612, Evoras, Bentley GTs etc).. but they had a big Jag...and I sat in it and was bitterly dissapointed and how much it does not look worth the £!

Edited by AMT250

I sometimes forget how short the Z is too, parked next to a Coupe in Asda few weeks ago and forgot how long my old car was lol. The Jag does look wee, but spose thats a good thing, small but still with presence? Cos' its flat it'll look wide and give it a bit of an appearance but yeah... fits in a space lol

But look at the new F-Type someones lucky enough to have already... and you can get them in good ol' manuals!

Nope, they're ZF-sourced slushboxes only. Suits the car better I would think, Jags have never really had decent manual 'boxes in recent years anyway.

Pricing on the jag f-type is ridiculously high. Porker competition is more reasonably priced, and JTS almost as if its competing with jaguars own xk.

Watch the residuals on these, I reckon with the f-type they will have managed to develop a car that depreciates even faster than the xj, which itself did a fantastic job of topping how fast the range rover vogues depreciate.

I'll take a guess at near 50% drop in 12 months once they are established. First ones off the line may fair better, but not by much.

Thats true, I've seen some outrageously good XKs for superb money. I'd still rather have an F-Type than any Porsche since most are not particularly nice looking or special looking (although I kinda like the new 911 and especially its interior...at last)... yet I still have a 'thing' for the 911 GT3 RS... I have no idea why... maybe the wing?... lol

love the F type. and the coupe which will be 12months behind the vert I just as good looking. its basically a restyled v8 s2000. and I would love one.

as for competing with the XK's I wouldn't be surprised if its reaching the end of its manufascturing life. its been in production since 1995 one of the longest running production cars ever.