New Time Buyer

jake1991jake

Hello.

im turning 18 this year and i wanted a 350z my entire life! its been my dream car even since i was younger :) i saved up a good amount of money. im planning to buy one at about August, i want to know what to look out for and what year is a good model. i dont know what to ask more :) , if you guys can give me some extra info about the 350z what to look out for when buying and what mod the car must have :) i would appreciate it.

Cheers

Jake

im turning 18 this year and i wanted a 350z my entire life! its been my dream car even since i was younger :)

Welcome to the mad house and good luck.

(I was the same with the 240z :blush: but it can't be your 'entire' life because you were about 9 when the 350 was released. :wacko::p :p )

• Like 1

welcome mate!I would suggest the following:Buy a pre 2006/cheaper tax 4 u,buy a standard zed,get a gt spec unless you plan on modding the brakes and stereo then I would advise buying a standard spec zed.Full service history by nissan or a reptuable garage.I would pay more attention to the condition of the car you are looking at rather than it has low milage it must be better,jap engines run 4ever.insurance is worth every penny so dont be put off.hope this helps.

Welcome! Just don't take as long as I did :lol: Yeah as Wizard said you def' want a GT spec, could go import (but I wouldn't if I were you...especially at your age lol).

A well looked after 276bhp pre 06' will do you well I'm guessin', especially in the tax and insurance side of things, there was a big jump for me between the 276, 296, 309 (strangly the 296 being the dearest :dry:) but my current insurer Admiral done me proud so went for 313. Find a meet or take someone whos really knows what there doin when you find a car. I took a good mechanic friend with me and he did his bit and I filled the gaps he didn't know with knowledge from the forum :thumbs: Good luck!

Also consider costs of running the car. OK, so you may be able to afford to buy the car, tax it and even insure it, but will you be able to run it?

It's not as economical as other cars as it's a 3.5l V6, plus it SHOULD be run on the more expensive, higher octane super unleaded.

Bit pointless spending all your savings on a car if you can't afford the go-go juice to enjoy it.

Oh and :welcome: to the forum :thumbs:

Hi folks. Sorry to ask the same question here. I'm looking to buy a 350 this month. Gonna spend between 7000-8000 grand. Got my insurance sorted out too. A friend of mine, a previous 350 owner, had recommended an earlier model to avoid the hike in road tax. However my question is this....what should I look out for in terms of parts needing replaced? By that I mean should I look out for parts that should be needing replaced due to age/mileage? I'm not a petrol head by any stretch of the imagination so any pointers you can provide will be greatly received. Cheers and happy new year everyone!

Checkout the insurance before you buy. Im 40, with 20 years NCB and still got quoted £1200 when I bought my zed. My previous car was a Golf GTI which was costing me £250, so it was nearly 5 times the price.

Good point, I pay around £550 for my Zed, max no claims, but I actually pay more, some £600 for an 8 year old Renault Clio (also with max no claims) just because I have my 23 y.o daughter as a named driver.

Pete

I got that little App 'FuelLog'. Although all of mine are always partial fill-ups the more you do the more accurate it should get. But I can give you an idea of the petrol with V-Power from my local. I do 15miles to work and back 5 days a week...(ive been off for over a week for xmas hols). So this is work general driving and messing around (overtaking etc)...

So...I work it from the day I get paid til last fill up to the same time the following month, gonna put a last £30 in it tonight, should hopefully last me to the 15th Jan ( :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: <--- note these)...so monthly amount your looking around £300 per month. Make sure you know your running costs lol. :thumbs: You'll love it though! B)

Hi folks. Sorry to ask the same question here. I'm looking to buy a 350 this month. Gonna spend between 7000-8000 grand. Got my insurance sorted out too. A friend of mine, a previous 350 owner, had recommended an earlier model to avoid the hike in road tax. However my question is this....what should I look out for in terms of parts needing replaced? By that I mean should I look out for parts that should be needing replaced due to age/mileage? I'm not a petrol head by any stretch of the imagination so any pointers you can provide will be greatly received. Cheers and happy new year everyone!

Check out mine in the Zeds for sale section, best pre facelift out there ;)

Cost me 450 to insure mine at 23 btw.

Also consider costs of running the car. OK, so you may be able to afford to buy the car, tax it and even insure it, but will you be able to run it?

im pretty sure i can handle the cost of running it :wink: im partners with a few other websites so i have about £4300 coming in every month :) and yeah im young i dont spend alot i use about 400 a month :lol: and im a medical student, so i wont be driving alot and party on weekends. insurance im sure i can take care off im just worried about the mods im "Legally" allowed to do, i want to eventually tune the car up, and drop a turbo in and lower it about 6 inches, i know im going to have problems with that latter on tho because police don't care how low the car is if its not factory they write a dam ticket for it (happened to my mate last weekend) and he only dropped his evo 3inches.

My Budget for the car is £13,000 i dont want to go over it :) is it enough for a decent z ?

im turning 18 this year and i wanted a 350z my entire life! its been my dream car even since i was younger :)

but it can't be your 'entire' life because you were about 9 when the 350 was released. :wacko::p :p )

:lol: yeah i know, like i said i loved it since i was younger :) my dad and mum said i must rather save up and buy a new 370z, but honestly that DAM LIGHTS! :dry: i hate the lights on the 370z and just the look from the front. nothing can beat the 350z, unless nissan get their old design people back and see what's in store for the next model :)

Thanks for all the support guys! :wink: this is the only forum that people actually reply, im a member at another forum and no one ever replies to me :blush:

@spursmaddave i went to california in march 2012 and my mate there has a 350z and we were on our way to vegas for a friends birthday and its a long road really boring, and a 370 wanted to race, and that 370 was not stock! we dont know what he had under the dam thing but we went through with it anyway, to make the trip a bit more fun, 350 we were in was also not stock but also it was not tuned to it's full potential, 1 turbo and a aftermarket air intake with a freeflow exhaust, we smoked the hell outa that 370, after that little encounter i was like its final im getting a 350! also the shape and everything of the 350 is just so dam easy to get mods for :)

if i want to go for a 370 i would want it to have this mods and look like this with pearl white paint

VhgbH.jpg

This is kinda how i want my 350z to look like, this guy lowered it to much tho i want it a bit higher so that i can go over bumps. i wonder how this guy dodges potholes

uvurG.jpg

@stuarty i didn't have my own car before this will be my first car that is legally mine :) at the moment im driving a Corolla :blush: ... and worst of all its not even mine its a rental

Edited by jake1991jake
  • Like 1

im pretty sure i can handle the cost of running it :wink: im partners with a few other websites so i have about £4300 coming in every month :) and yeah im young i dont spend alot i use about 400 a month :lol: and im a medical student, so i wont be driving alot and party on weekends. insurance im sure i can take care off im just worried about the mods im "Legally" allowed to do, i want to eventually tune the car up, and drop a turbo in and lower it about 6 inches, i know im going to have problems with that latter on tho because police don't care how low the car is if its not factory they write a dam ticket for it (happened to my mate last weekend) and he only dropped his evo 3inches.

My Budget for the car is £13,000 i dont want to go over it :) is it enough for a decent z ?

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

I'm calling troll on this one