BMW M3

taffyjason

If I wasn't a former zed owner I'd prob look at an e92 m3 longer than a zed. Looks perfect from every angle (personal opinion), more powerful, sounds better, more comfortable etc etc. Think you'll enjoy the car mate

With the m3 as well as many cars it depends on the colour. What have you gone for?

Im about to commit to a change of car, i am looking at a BMW M3 V8......i feel guilty at leaving the zed behind...am i selling out? i do love my zed, but that m3 V8 does look very nice

SPLITTER !!! ........ :lol:

If its an itch you have to scratch, then you gotta do what you gotta do :thumbs:

They do sound great, go well. Just don't get a grey one :lol:

If I wasn't a former zed owner I'd prob look at an e92 m3 longer than a zed. Looks perfect from every angle (personal opinion), more powerful, sounds better, more comfortable etc etc. Think you'll enjoy the car mate

With the m3 as well as many cars it depends on the colour. What have you gone for?

well so far im looking at a pearl white M3 with 29k miles, 2007, for 21k squids, sounds too cheap to me, what do you guys think,,,its mainly for performance im changing for ...does anyone have any experience of this model?

They're a bit 'meh' for me.

Most people don't notice them being anything different to any other rep mobile. and 98% of the time you won't use any of the performance available.

Call me shallow, but i like the unusual looks of the zed, and it's relative rarity.

I doubt you'll keep the M3 long.

I work for BMW, the E9x M3 is a great machine in any of its platforms. Personally I like the E90 saloon best but wish it would have the carbon roof off the E92 coupe. Excellent cars when working although ten a penny but repair bills can make you cry. Id be after one with warranty if I was in the market for one, as with all M cars. Oh and if you were to drive it hard first thing to do is a big brake kit, it's a heavy car with brakes that aren't quite up to standard when being used hard

well so far im looking at a pearl white M3 with 29k miles, 2007, for 21k squids, sounds too cheap to me, what do you guys think,,,its mainly for performance im changing for ...does anyone have any experience of this model?

Thats not a white one with red leather is it?

Thats not a white one with red leather is it?

yes thats the one, it seems very cheap for 28k miles

I bought an E92 M3 before the 911. Test drove it, paid my deposit, went home. Got home and didn't feel remotely excited about the car so went back to the dealer the next day and got my deposit, which went straight on the 911 instead.

They're great cars, very capable and a good all-rounder, but as a fun car to drive they do nothing for me sadly.

There never was a Cayman 3.2 only the 3.4, and at a budget of around £21K then you'd be looking at a solid 987.1 car. Very very good cars, but be aware of IMS issues and go in with your eyes open. Aside from that issue, they're the same as a Zed to run but better on fuel, and are a better car all round as long as you get a good spec one (i.e. if it has the 19" wheels, then it MUST have PASM. Most do, so dont worry too much). Sat nav is useless so you'd be better off getting a car without and look for better options.

most seem to come cheaper at 2007 yr model...is this for a reason? is the performance that much of an upgrade over a good 350Z?

It will make a 350z look like its going backwards! A good friend has one and it's an incredible car, a different league performance wise.

A good friend of mine recently sold his E92 M3,he had Lemans Blue with black 19" wheels,looked as mean as a MOFO. They are very expensive to run. Dont think of it as a 3 series, think of it as a proper sports car with a BMW badge. My friend had a few issues with his, fuel pump relay or something, which apparently is pretty common, front seat wouldnt lean forward and a couple of other niggles, which seemed stupid on a 50k or what ever car. He had a Zed before that for 3 years and didnt have a single issue. He sold the M3 because it was too expensive to run, he owned it for about 2 years. Things like brakes are expensive if you go OEM, to be honest you would be better off buying an BB conversion for the cost of replacing the discs and pads for OEM. They sound great, but like he ZED the standard exhaust is very quiet. Most of the time its a 3 series BMW, and it needs alot of revs to get it going,then your talking stupid MPG.

Most people don't notice them being anything different to any other rep mobile. and 98% of the time you won't use any of the performance available.

Call me shallow, but i like the unusual looks of the zed, and it's relative rarity.

I see way more Zeds than 'real' m3s............

TVR cerbera?

they are lovely cars...but any ownership experience?

Not owned one, but have looked at them. I think its one of toe cars that if you get a good one you have no issues, but get a bad one and it needs lots of work. but it the risk you take stepping up to bigger more powerful and expensive cars.

Jag XKR!

I have one its the older X100 shape, great if you like fixing things, but they arent bad on reliability. but if you go for the newer x150 shape I've not really seen or heard any issues with them they seem very bullet proof.

older x100 look nicer imho, but the newer ones have the better running gear and chassis. old x100 is a big luxo barge. the newer ones are a lot more driver focussed.

I love my X100, best move I ever made. has all the gadgets you'd want, but the supercharger kick gives it the power you want.

I see way more Zeds than 'real' m3s............

That's the thing though.... Most people don't see M3's as anything different... Just looks like another BMW (Which it does to be fair) (i'm talking about women tbh) :lol::ninja:

Everyone sees it differently. Any e92 m3 will have my full attention until it's out of view. I'm a huge BMW fan and Iv always loved this model m3

But I know some owners who like it because a lot of drivers won't see the difference between an m3 and a standard coupe, they like the idea of an understated sleeper that only car enthusiasts appreciate