BMW M3

taffyjason

i would miss the looks of the zed for sure...i could always spend the extra on FI instead...

the only thing im not enjoying is the heavy steering at the moment, i buggered my shoulder up whilst in the sandy place, the steering is making my shoulder ache like a bugger! maybe its rehab?

Toughy this. The Zed will always turn heads and looks a lot faster than it actually is. The M3 would absolutely monster most cars of the same value on the road, incredible performance levels, like others have said though shame there are such subtle differences in bodywork between the M3 and say a 320D. Personally I prefer the car to look the part as well as drive the part. I have similar views on the Focus for instance, yes you can get great performing STs and RS cars, but at the end of the day you still climb into a car that generally looks both inside and out like any other Focus.

i would miss the looks of the zed for sure...i could always spend the extra on FI instead...

the only thing im not enjoying is the heavy steering at the moment, i buggered my shoulder up whilst in the sandy place, the steering is making my shoulder ache like a bugger! maybe its rehab?

Have you tried the 370. Steering is lighter. It's a zed. And looks like a zed. :lol:

Best change I made as I did not like the heavy steering on the 50 or the "progressive" brakes. As in when I hit the brakes ,,,,,I want brakes.

I love me Z, but have always liked M3s, and to be honest if i hadnt bought the Z then a M3 would have been my next choice..........but as your talking about the newer V8 M3 i would be very tempted :) But like others have said the 370z is well worth a look, as are TVRs Whatever you get.............your gunna love it...............HAPPY DAYS !

Have you tried the 370. Steering is lighter. It's a zed. And looks like a zed. :lol:

Best change I made as I did not like the heavy steering on the 50 or the "progressive" brakes. As in when I hit the brakes ,,,,,I want brakes.

They don't do that snatch thing do they. Thought you only got that on European small hatchbacks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I seriously considered one earlier in the year as they were cheaper than the 123d I ended up buying instead. I have to say the 4 door version looks a bit too plain, but the 3 door really does look nice in my opinion. A guy up the road from me has one with an aftermarket exhaust on it and it sounds incredible.

Id expect running costs to be slightly more than the zed, but looking at the 2nd hand prices over the last few years they do seem to depreciate quite a lot - no more than the zed and other big engined cars.

i do like jags, but they are a bit too big for my liking ... i wonder what makes a steering heavy...is it gearing ratio's? or is it a weak pump?

not as big as you think. really worth a look, you get the comfort, the gadgets, the V8, FI, the badge, rarity, shed loads of power, reliability (compared to other options)

I sold my zed last year and I'm now driving a new E92 320i m sport plus. Ok it's nothing like an m3 performance wise but looks really similar.

I could have probably bought a m3 and another zed for what I paid for my new car but I wanted looks and to keep running cost down.

If I could turn the clock back I would have kept my Zed as it wouldn't have depreciated anymore and it was faultless. I will by another zed as i feel that it's an out right sports car and it hasn't been designed to be numerous different models.

Also I would never buy a E92 M3 over a really nice E92 335i m sport!

Edited by stuarty

We have a few M3's in my family over the years. Amazing cars. I will be getting one when I need 4 seats until that time I will stick to the 370z much more unique around london area. Make sure you budget for fuel my dad averaged some truly shocking mpg in his over first two years, made my old Zed look like a diesel....

The M3 in saloon or coupe form is an amazing car. It'll out perform most sports cars if driven properly. The fact is doesn't stand out that much, I think is one of it's strong points, but thats only because I'm now no longer in my 20's and prefer my car not to attract any attention of any sort from anyone :lol:. Its amazing how BMW is able to transform a bog standard saloon into such a monster, but actually a mildly tuned 335i will be just as fast as a M3 on the road.

Running costs aren't cheap though, if you could afford the running costs I cannot see why you would ever need another car (5 seater, decent boot, 400BHP+, V8 connected to a clever diff). Though if you don't need 4 seats and just want a fun car I would personally get a Cayman for a few years, and than when the time is right get a M3 saloon as a family car....either M3 or Cayman seem like a decent xmas present B)

Edited by gangzoom
  • Like 1