BMW M3

taffyjason

XFR isn't a sports car though, it's the M5 competitor and the M5 is a much better car in either previous or current guise.

Current Jag range look and ride well, but in terms of driving dynamics they're still left behind by rivals. I'd have an XJSS as a waft mobile happily though.

but there are a lot less xFs compared to 3 series and 5 series BMW's they have become the new mondeo. it used to be the sales rep wagon of choice, but they've all upgraded to bmw's. the jag badge is not as common. just look at German car sales figures they out sell any uk producer 10 to 1.

no I agree completely BMW make the best diesel engines bar non. their geo setups and chassis engineers are some of the best. the m3 and the m5 are possibly some of the best drivers cars. but for me I struggle to be a 'me too' person. its the lack sheer perfection that gives the jags their character; I do find some of the german stuff a bit soulless.

if I wanted something I could drive daily and track on a regular basis i'd get the bmw if I only did the occasional track day i'd get the xfr. the audi rs4 is worth a look, but they look just like every other audi. you could go cheaper and look at the Vauxhall range and play with the vxr another cracking car. buti struggle with the badge, even though I know its a great aussie car.

I do like the newer generations of jaguars and im looking forward to seeing the x type replacement. But as ekona says there is a reason for bmws being so common is they're that good

I'm one of the first to say I like driving a rarer car but out of the more common marques I could see myself in a BMW