What to do with all my spare time?

stuarty

12 years ago my employer gave me the opportunity to stop working mon-fri and to work sat and sun instead. They actually now pay me 42 hours instead of 40.

Anyway, i used the time to train full time in a sport that i have been competing in for years and i also went back to university and studied for a MSc.

I'm now in the position where i have mon-fri free and i am bored out my nut! I still train 5 days but i now train in the evenings. So i'm looking for ideas of what to do!

How can you fit 42 hours work into 48 hours?

I must admit that occurred to me but I'm already depressed enough about everyone having an ace job whilst mine drains my very soul away.......I couldn't stand hearing how he only works for 20 hours but his employer pays him for 42 just for the **** of it

• Like 1

so if i get this right, you only work 2 days a week?

I'm a teacher so i have no spare time, i work during the day, i work in the evenings and then i work at the weekends.free time is something i dream of. :lol:

Yeah mate, i work 12 hours sat and sun. I had knee surgery so i cant train as intensely as i used too. I know it sounds lazy, but if i went back to working mon-fri i would take a 3k a year wage cut! I feel as if I've been semi retired since i was 26 years old'

I'm a teacher so i have no spare time, i work during the day, i work in the evenings and then i work at the weekends.free time is something i dream of. :lol:

Yeah mate, i work 12 hours sat and sun. I had knee surgery so i cant train as intensely as i used too. I know it sounds lazy, but if i went back to working mon-fri i would take a 3k a year wage cut! I feel as if I've been semi retired since i was 26 years old'

hang on if you work more you get paid less you sure your not in teaching :lol:

are you on the dole? if you get a job they cut your job seekers allowance?

hang on if you work more you get paid less you sure your not in teaching :lol:

are you on the dole? if you get a job they cut your job seekers allowance?

Lol, if i work mon-fri 9 till 5, i would be paid 37.5 hours as i would have a 30 min lunch break. As i work 12 hours sat and sunday and i get paid time + 50% for sat and time + 100% for sun. Also if i take a weekend off i nearly get 2 weeks off as i dont go back yo work on monday its the following saturday.

I know it sounds good but I'm really bored.

Take up a course in mechanics if your gonna get a project car might as well do whatever you can yourself

I completed the first 2 years of an auto electrician's apprenticeship in 1990-92 until the franchise went bust. Couldn't find another apprenticeship so i had to change jobs. Really enjoyed doing it aswell!

I think if I had all that time free I would do a photography course, and then spend the week taking pics of things, you never know you may be able to sell some of them :thumbs:

Or get a nice little part time job in the mornings mon - fri :shrug:

What do you do BTW?

I think if I had all that time free I would do a photography course, and then spend the week taking pics of things, you never know you may be able to sell some of them :thumbs:

What do you do BTW?

I work in the NHS in central support.

What do you do BTW?

I work in the NHS in central support.

How do I get into that? :lol:

I agree welding is a great skill to have, I wish I could but I WILL learn at some point.

I didnt do any course at college or anything just bought a jack, some stands and a halfords advanced tool kit. Still serves me well today and I've saved so so so much money.

Have you done anything on cars since your apprenticeship? Why not get back into that and like rich says tie it in with another course or 2

I know a guy running a company making good money doing alarms, parking sensors, sound systems etc etc and he loves it

I'm jealous of people making a living from a hobby like cars

i'd say a welding and painting course would be more useable. along with mechanics. if you went the painting route an airbrushing course could open doors. just depends on how artisitc you are i suppose.

Sounds good, I've got that much time i think i'm starting to develop some OCD characteristics, really need to find something to fill my time!