What to do with all my spare time?

stuarty

In my job we get the same for working sat and sun but we work during the week too.

Not knocking u. As its just the job you have. But the nurses I see. Working shifts have to go to work sat and sun for no extra as its their shift. Just seems ridiculous.

Anyway. I know your a dude but have you thought about something like reflexology??? My sister has just started a course and loves it. Plus at the end she can charge about 25 quid per half hour session and her teacher is always fully booked. Could be a second earnings for you or the missus.

The nurses you see must work in private practice. Everyone who works in the NHS gets paid enhanced for night shifts and weekends. Some folk get 50% and 100% others get 44% and 88% others get slightly less, but everyone gets something. It all depends on how Agenda for change effected the individual. I get 50% between 8pm and 6 am and all day saturday and 100% all day sunday.

I couldn't see it else where in the thread but what on earth do you do ?

I'm honestly considering a change for the new year, so I'm all ears Stuarty :teeth:

I poke the hole in the top of the Scotch pies that are sold in the canteen. I know its not the most glamorous job in the world, but its important none the less!

• Like 1

I couldn't see it else where in the thread but what on earth do you do ?

I'm honestly considering a change for the new year, so I'm all ears Stuarty :teeth:

I poke the hole in the top of the Scotch pies that are sold in the canteen. I know its not the most glamorous job in the world, but its important none the less!

All depends what you poke the hole with ;)

• Like 1

My job works 24/7, and we too get a higher rate for weekends and nights, especially when it's overtime ;)

Work on a four on and four off rota, so I count my weeks as eight day ones.

Once I volunteered for working on Boxing Day night shift, I got basically paid a weeks wages just to work that shift, shame they don't do it anymore and have now been closing the port for Boxing Day the last few years :(

• Like 1

Good on you having a setup like that. I'd agree with what another person said and try reflexology or something like that. I'm looking at things like that since personally it would be more rewarding than IT plus not bad pay.

Id also say that I wouldn't work weekends or evenings without extra money. They try to make us without offering enhanced rates and I refuse. Worked in private sector IT before and contracting and always got treated better than I am now in the crappy public sector bar one particularly useless small company.

mate of mine contracts for himself. has a long term network management role with a school where he works one week on and one week off so 6 months or so out of the year and gets over 30k a year for that. lucky git lol

def try something like reflexology and those areas assuming you'd be into that of course.

O I'd also say that when other people don't get extras for evenings and weekends etc it is a crap situation but people need to stick together and demand that they too get enhanced rates for evenings and weekends assuming that's not your employed shift times. think we should see others that are getting treated better and say 'why aren't we getting that, we deserve that' rather than what you hear sometimes 'o that's not fair I don't get that so you shouldn't either'. should aim to raise the standard of living not drop it. Sorry soapbox over lol

• Like 1