What car thread?!

370Ad

Hello,

Those on the pistonheads forum will be very use to threads like this but next spring i will be buying my first house so therefore will need a more practical car in terms of luggage capacity for all those 'fun' trips to IKEA and the likes for DIY weekends.....

My girlfriend does not drive so therefore this will be our only car.

Criteria:

Budget around 8k

Decent boot space

Be fun enough so i won't sell it the following month

Not older than the Zed (04)

At the moment i have thought of the generic Type R (FN2), Golf GTi and S3......

Cheers for anyone's input!

Adam

Or a Skoda! Again out of the VW stable like the Seat, so decent build quality, decent engines etc, an Octavia VRS is bigger than a Cupra but still pretty quick.

http://www.autotrade...201141421842245

I could roll in a Seat but not sure i could bring myself to a Skoda.....I know they are all basically the same but i just couldn't do it, sorry!

I think we need a better definition of decent boot space, as none of the other cars suggested (excluding Ricey's) has anything like what I would call decent boot space.

Well i am talking about normal hatch back boot space or similar, definitely don't need an estate. At the moment i wouldn't even be able to bring a lamp back home!

Thanks again for your help :)

You could pick up a oil burning Leon FR like mine, not the best interior but then neither is a Zed :shrug: Quite a lot of fun to drive, not the most economical derv but then it has bags of power and will do 45-55mpg if you take it steady...

Fairly big boot and when you put the seats down you have plenty of room for anything that you would realistically want to transport without the need for an estate :thumbs:

I had a mondeo ST a couple of years ago and was pleasantly surprised with the speed of the thing, how well it handled and the fact that I could move house with it! Rear seats down gives you enough space for a double mattress! Would definitely recommend one and could easily pick one up for less than 6k so you got some change too

Dag-dag is a diesel ;) As in: dagga-dagga-dagga-dagga... :lol:

Unless you're doing the mileage to warrant it, do yourself a favour and get a petrol.

Definitely don't need a diesel, only do 10k a year if that.

TBH i don't really want to get rid of the 350 but the Mrs seems to think i will need to change it.....

Don't most stores do home delivery these days?!!

jaguar XKR? 4 seats and a useable boot. ok its no hatchback space wise, and the rear seats are for kids or paraplegics. but it keeps the GT style car, has loads of grunt. and enough space to lob stuff in. ok the seats don;t go down, so you'll never be moving the bed with it. but its more than useable.

or if you wanted a daddy hatchback audi RS6 avant v8 twin turbo and more space than the titanic...oh and it goes like sh1t off a shovel