What car thread?!

370Ad

Cheers for the ideas guys.

I might just see how it goes and if i do find the Zed annoying then i can always swap later once the house is bought!

B)

Good man, I'm in a similar boat but we need to upgrade as we're having a baby. I toyed with keeping the Zed but we're moving soon too so couldn't justify the cost - bit concerned about how I'll cope with a 'family car' but hopefully it won't be a sensible one :lol:

I reckon for £8K the E39 M5 is a perfect upgrade if you need more space. Replacing a 350Z with a hatchback seems bonkers to me!

I have an 8 month old baby...here are my 'findings' when it comes to cars

1. You wont be able to take baby out in the Zed, even if you deactivate the airbag etc, a small baby sat in the front is in much more danger in an accident than being in the back.

2. An estate car is NOT necessary. We have been using a mk1 focus and storage space is more than adequate.

3. A friend of mine got a mercedes estate for her little 'un, she is now desperately trying to get shot of it as its too big for what she needs and wants a hatchback

4. Check what buggy you are planning on getting before buying a saloon car. They fold up in different ways, some fold into a long thin shape, some fold flat, the ones that fold flat will take up a lot of room in the saloon boot as they will need to be flat on the bottom of the boot whereas in the hatchback you can have them up on their sides. The better buggies fold flat.

5. You will become the worlds safest driver when you have the little 'un in the car with you so power means nothing.

6. Buy sun visors for the back windows.