What mod have you done today?

ddcboyle

Recently, fitted ZunSport black grill. Fitted black door handles, tinted side repeaters black. Waiting to fit my Cobra Sport exhaust this week hopefully.

95078f129bd63bc6c7cc77fd8c408aaf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting mine next week! :teeth:
  • Like 1

Meant to add this last night but forgot so was yesterday but ah well lol. Firstly I wrapped my rear strut bar cover in gloss black as it was scratched up.

b10a2a7c104b47b51e49826d9379cb9c.jpg

Then I also done the flip key mod. Very pleased with the outcome! Should have came with a flip key all along!

a28af02677e8914902ad37378365f61e.jpg

0109fb03dbdfbba538cfa622180558e0.jpg

• Like 1

Meant to add this last night but forgot so was yesterday but ah well lol. Firstly I wrapped my rear strut bar cover in gloss black as it was scratched up.

Then I also done the flip key mod. Very pleased with the outcome! Should have came with a flip key all along!

Are these tricky to do at all? As in does someone on here supply the whole key & then a regular Nissan dealer can programme them? Out of all the stuff I want done to my car this is the one this is the one thing I actually want & need!
  • Like 1

Are these tricky to do at all? As in does someone on here supply the whole key & then a regular Nissan dealer can programme them? Out of all the stuff I want done to my car this is the one this is the one thing I actually want & need!

The flip key is an easy mod to do and looks awesome! No programming needed as you just swap the internals over from your existing remote key.

I got this key from ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321067673609

Then got this Nissan emblem to finish it off:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281350182704

Then all you need to do is get the new key blade cut at your local key cutters.

Then take the chip and the little transponder out your original key and transfer into the new one. The chip fits neatly inside (without the rubber housing). Then the transponder you just put inside with some blutac to keep it secure.

That's pretty much it! :)

Let me know if you need any more help,

Edited by pjf1985
  • Like 4

The flip key is an easy mod to do and looks awesome! No programming needed as you just swap the internals over from your existing remote key.

Then take the chip and the little transponder out your original key and transfer into the new one. The chip fits neatly inside (without the rubber housing). Then the transponder you just put inside with some blutac to keep it secure.

Thanks, think I'll order a new key first from Nissan & then do this to my old key (which would effectively make it new except for the innards) because I only have the one at the moment & if I **** it up I'll be in trouble :lol:
  • Like 1

Thanks, think I'll order a new key first from Nissan & then do this to my old key (which would effectively make it new except for the innards) because I only have the one at the moment & if I **** it up I'll be in trouble :lol:

You should be fine mate, not much to **** up lol. I've only got one remote key and the basic master key.

Awesome, didn't even know these existed, ordering mine now I can't stand the Nissan key!

Sent from Tapatalk

• Like 1

Only just found this thread :thumbs:

Installed a few bits I had lying around from my previous car which just so happened to fit the zed the other day...

5000 kelvin temperature bulbs

5ejudu7e.jpg

Cree 3w sidelights (hard to picture as in reality they're really bright, perfect colour match to my dipped beam) and also silvertec indicator bulbs

gyqy3uta.jpg

Rays red dust caps (no current pictures sorry)

When I received them for my Mazda..

myhasuvu.jpg

Finally surface mount Amber led side repeater bulbs, suprisingly bright and give a nice led effect and instant flash on and off

6yqubune.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Edited by jonw246
  • Like 1

Well - started the task that has had me daunted since I bought the dash cams.

Hard wiring the power magic !! :scare:

Pulled the cover on the fuses to be confronted with the mini blade type - thinking that the wires from the PM would just not fit :surrender:

Also using a screw driver fuse tester was getting no power reading at all - tried earthing to a different bolt.............all good (newbie error one)

Half an hour later all done and cables tidied away and 24/7 cams operting :thumbs: