What mod have you done today?

ddcboyle

Or not..

Why on earth are the upload limits so small for photo attachments??...

I used to have the same problems ~ constantly making my pictures smaller & smaller until eventually you'd need a bl**dy magnifying glass to see them.

My advice is to join Photobucket if you haven't already. It's free to join/use/upload pictures and then you'll be able to post full size pictures in threads on any site you want to. Link: http://s273.photobucket.com/

:thumbs:

Fitted my new aluminium kick plates today that I got from Redline Styling ~ easy job, great fit and look brilliant. B)

Highly recommend them if your old ones have seen better days. :thumbs:

Pics FFS! :)

Just for you then, no sharing with anyone else though. :nono::lol:

Ta Da..

98_zps953a53de.jpg

Hope you like. I'm really pleased with them especially as my old one's where a bit scratched up. :thumbs:

• Like 2

Fitted my new aluminium kick plates today that I got from Redline Styling ~ easy job, great fit and look brilliant. B)

Ta Da..

98_zps953a53de.jpg

Hope you like. I'm really pleased with them especially as my old one's where a bit scratched up. :thumbs:

I have a pair of these and want to remove the aluminium plaque to respray. Are they bonded on?

Ta Da..

98_zps953a53de.jpg

I have a pair of these and want to remove the aluminium plaque to respray. Are they bonded on?

I took mine off last week.

Pull the rubber door seal free after removing the inner plastic trim (work from rear forwards on those).

Remove the small plastic pin at rear top corner then (preferably with a plastic trim removal tool) start at the forward end of the kick plate and gently lever upwards until clips break free. I think there are 4 clips in total. The clips are quite fragile but if they do break then some double sided 3M body tape can be used to re-attach.

David

• Like 1

Pull the rubber door seal free after removing the inner plastic trim (work from rear forwards on those).

Remove the small plastic pin at rear top corner then (preferably with a plastic trim removal tool) start at the forward end of the kick plate and gently lever upwards until clips break free. I think there are 4 clips in total. The clips are quite fragile but if they do break then some double sided 3M body tape can be used to re-attach.

David

Ceejay was on about the actual aluminium plate David as he wanted to paint it. He answered his own question anyway a post later. :D

Good little write up though David. ;)

• Like 1

David

Ceejay was on about the actual aluminium plate David as he wanted to paint it. He answered his own question anyway a post later. :D

Good little write up though David. ;)

Ooops - I didn't read the posting properly....

Updated the firmware on my AVH-X2500BT and swapped out the iPhone 4 cabling for iPhone 5 - I hope they don;t change it for 6 :scare:

Absolute bird's nest back there. Getting it to pieces is easy, but back together is no fun...

IMG_4321_zpsfb37f9d1.jpg

...espcially when you've got this length of cables to fit in there and a stupid big box - thanks Pioneer!

IMG_4322_zps53ed95ea.jpg

Got there in the end.

IMG_4324_zps20a9b377.jpg

Today I've learnt: never take the console to bits without a telescopic magnet with a light on the end, always have a truck load of cable ties handy, don't assume the "pro" installation you paid for will be that tidy and don't start the job when the weather is iffy as you'll spend an hour or two in the car with the windows up sweating like a good 'un whilst it hammers down outside :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Well - I done this yesterday

they've changed the colour of the mounts to black now, so much more difficult to see

All cables nicely tucked away and out of sight through the headliner and door seals

DSC_0083_zpsc227ca88.jpg

DSC_0088_zps37d60cee.jpg

DSC_0086_zps8b61e46e.jpg

now I've got to try work out which of these I can use - but they are so small, I don't think I can get an extra wire in there - suggestions anyone ?

DSC_0090_zpsefeea991.jpg

• Like 1