Hi there,

I am Graeme Sheridan-Wallis Clarence House B and B in Shanklin IOW and have just joined with my 350Z Convertible: see pic attached.

Being a complete motoring juvenile ( and I am now 68 ) I wanted something with a bit of serious speed and machismo, having owned well in excess of 200 cars in my lifetime.

I thought Shangri-La resided in my Mercedes SLK 220 Kompressor, after having sold my Boxer ( which I hated,lasted less than 2 months!) and I still like it and still have it, but the truth is, that it is really a 2-seater saloon: I like to drive it only when I'm feeling lazy - its automatic, and a very good auto at that being Tiptronic.

Recent previous sports cars include several MG TF's and 160's, ( quite good actually ).a 180 BHP Audi TT ( only sold it because someone told me only hairdressers buy them (really?)- a really good sports car. Longer ago, a V12 E-type (disappointing) at least 6 XJSess, including one V12 and one XJR 6.00 (sublime) and Jensen Interceptor - glorious.

s , charismatic and at least 9 mpg on a good day with a + 7 litre V8.

Prior to that , a Spitfire and an MG Midget - both amongst the worst cars I have ever owned. Best of the oldies was a Triumph TR3 whose handling with a ladder chassis was simply frightful and deeply dangerous - but such fun. And so to ...

the 350Z....without a doubt the very best sports car I have ever owned ( oh, and I forgot I had 3 300ZXs - all brilliant)

Its very fast, charismatic makes a wonderful noise when extended, got the quickest electric hood I've ever had.

Only drawback is the running costs - rarely more than 18-19 mpg, but then I haven't done any long runs yet: just waiting for a break in bookings for my B and B !

Welcome! Nice list of cars you have had there and im quite envious of some of the ones you have listed. 200 cars though... you must get through several each year! I usually keep mine for 2 or 3 years at least!

The 350z certainly isnt cheap to run. As ive mentioned before on here, mine was costing me about £1200 a month all in to use, although £500 of that was depreciation which you may not get as much of on older versions.

• 2 weeks later...