Fastest and funnest for under 10K

CrumbMC

As the title says, What do you think the funnest / fastest car is for under 10K?

I'm not looking to get rid of the Zed for a while yet but its nice to see what's available and I'm just wondering what is on the market at the moment.

When i got the 350Z it suited my needs perfectly, but now that I have a work van I don't use my car for commuting. So every day practicality is not so much of an issue.

Priorities are:

1. Driving dynamics / enjoyment when driving at 10/10ths

2. running costs (not including fuel)

3. Engine performance

5. looks

4. Practicality

These days a decent E46 M3 coupe will fall into this price bracket and looks to be the most attractive proposition. There are also some earlier Porche Boxters but the cost of upkeep on them may be a lot.

Anything big or small will be considered but it must be a proper driver's car.

Suggest away:

I would do what DarrenB and Ekona have done and get a MX5/Eunos. They are cheap to buy, cheap to run, parts are cheap .... pretty much everything is cheap :lol:

Then..... go racing/track days :yahoo: You will be surprised how far your 10K would go.

They are a really fun car to drive, my old Eunos was a right laugh :drive1

:thumbs:

Good suggestions there :thumbs:

Not so sure i like the idea of a corsa though. RWD would be a preference. Having an interior would be a plus too.

I do like the sound of a caterfield, elise or VX220 though.

The LET corsas are just pure brutal, 100mph wheelspin, 40-140 speeds that will not be beat for 4k! But i know what you mean!

I give you the TVR Cerbera.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/4151914.htm

30k on the clocks, taxed and tested till spring next year, under £10k :cloud9:

1. Driving dynamics / enjoyment when driving at 10/10ths - 10/10. rwd, no traction control, silly power, silly lightweight.

2. running costs (not including fuel) - 7/10

3. Engine performance - 11-12 out of 10, easy. its a TVR V8 for peats sake!

5. looks - maybe a conservative 15/10? again, its a TVR :cloud9:

4. Practicality - 10/10... 4 seats, boot, many cows gave their hides to furnish it, and it'll annihilate anything in a this side of a supercar in a straight line

1. Driving dynamics / enjoyment when driving at 10/10ths - 10/10. rwd, no traction control, silly power, silly lightweight.

4. Practicality - 10/10... 4 seats, boot, many cows gave their hides to furnish it, and it'll annihilate anything in a this side of a supercar in a straight line

Just down road from me :evil::evil: would of been very tempted if I had noticed

As the title says, What do you think the funnest / fastest car is for under 10K?

I'm not looking to get rid of the Zed for a while yet but its nice to see what's available and I'm just wondering what is on the market at the moment.

When i got the 350Z it suited my needs perfectly, but now that I have a work van I don't use my car for commuting. So every day practicality is not so much of an issue.

Priorities are:

1. Driving dynamics / enjoyment when driving at 10/10ths

2. running costs (not including fuel)

3. Engine performance

5. looks

4. Practicality

These days a decent E46 M3 coupe will fall into this price bracket and looks to be the most attractive proposition. There are also some earlier Porche Boxters but the cost of upkeep on them may be a lot.

Anything big or small will be considered but it must be a proper driver's car.

Suggest away:

IMO a M3 is very nice but I found it doesn't make you feel as special as the Z. S2000 are great. buy one for 5k and super/turbocharge it :stir:

a 3.4 996 carrera 2? Db7? 850csi if in price :cloud9:

Woooowww!!!!!! That's the sort of thing i was hoping to get in this thread :cloud9:

Might have to look into it a bit more. However TVRs do have a repution for killing people and/or bankrupting them through parts and labour cost. Still definately worth a second look though.

Ability to drive at 10/10

Running costs as priority 2!

You need something lower power and lightweight unless you are planning on tracking it all the time.

You can't drive a zed at 10/10 on public roads never mind a cerbera.

The cerbera is an awesome prospect but it doesn't fit your original brief at all.....

This might just be the chap you want...with change out of £10k too ;)

http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/mazda/mx-5-mk2/1-8-turbocharged/703282

quote="Advert"]Stunning car. Professionally Turbocharged in November 2006 by 'mx5mad' including upgraded ECU, Injectors, Intercooler, Radiator, clutch and exhaust system at a cost of £6640.

I wish HR Z FI kits were that cheap! :(

This might just be the chap you want...with change out of £10k too ;)

http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/mazda/mx-5-mk2/1-8-turbocharged/703282

quote="Advert"]Stunning car. Professionally Turbocharged in November 2006 by 'mx5mad' including upgraded ECU, Injectors, Intercooler, Radiator, clutch and exhaust system at a cost of £6640.

I wish HR Z FI kits were that cheap! :(

i loved the MR2 roadster for this reason too. £2.5k