*Custom Anodised Plenum Spacers* £170 (next batch March)

Wasso

Boys girls ladies and gents,

I've been working on my engine bay for quite some time now and every time I lift my bonnet I see this god awful Motordyne Plenum Spacer which looks grubby and unsavoury. So I had a little tinker with the net and made some investigations into custom building plenum spacers, which will serve the exact same purpose of the Motordyne version but will benefit from being anodised in a selection of colours.

This which will include ALL parts as you would the Motordyne, along with installation guide and benefiting from being anodised. This is a sure winner for those who colour theme their engine bay.

The quality will exact that of Motordyne but at a lower price, and more athestically pleasing to the eye.

So from this thread I'd like to gauge exactly how many people would be interested in such an item?

As I say this is purely a feeler until prices are announced. If you are interested add your name to the list, it's not a purchase list, just a feeler for now.

Colour swatch:

C3FBBDB7-17E4-4B4E-8950-2A8D62F5AD7E-4612-00000259F0F84EF1.jpg

Each colour can be lightened or darkened.

Any other colour requests?

Any questions regarding this inspiring mod please ask away.

List of those initially interested.

1. Wasso (Red) £170 paid

2. Paddy 78 (Blue) £170 paid SHIPPED

3. 350 Russ (Red) £170 paid SHIPPED

4. smudgedon (Darker Purple) £170 paid SHIPPED

5. wolfie.irl (Blue) £100 paid

6. Voodoo Vix (Purple) (maybe)

7. Plummerman (Blue) £170 paid SHIPPED

8. Dannyg (Red) £170 paid SHIPPED

9. KC350Z (Red/Polished)

10. keithm (Dark Purple) £170 paid SHIPPED

11. drfeelgood73 (Dark Red) £170 paid SHIPPED

12. TinkerTom (Blue) £170 paid SHIPPED

13. Vlad (Blue) £170 paid SHIPPED

14. ReadingDave (Orange) £170 paid SHIPPED

15. Muttley88 (Red) £170 paid SHIPPED

16. oasisniall (Orange) £100 paid

Edited by Wasso

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cool :#1:

I'll be able to post sample colours once I have them. Not sure if Green will be too popular Chris :lol:

I'm hoping to get the best price out to you guys, so I'll even work out a group buy to really drive the price down.

Orange would be a good colour an I guess the spectrum of Zed colours. What I'll be restricted by will be how many of each spacer ends up in the anodising tubs, if it's just one spacer for say Green then my costs go up, but if 5 chose green I can provide a good price. Although all of this will be confirmed next week :thumbs:

Very easy to fit, although a torque wrench is required to tighten the bolts back up.

The guide that will be provided will outline all removing and fitting pictures, not your normal MFI style unreadable instructions.

Very easy to fit, although a torque wrench is required to tighten the bolts back up.

The guide that will be provided will outline all removing and fitting pictures, not your normal MFI style unreadable instructions.

Sounds good

How are you guaranteeing the quality of these Wasso?

Sounds good

How are you guaranteeing the quality of these Wasso?

3 months of research and investigations.

I've worked closely with a couple of fabricators to establish the build quality, cutting process, right down to the spacers that fit under the plenum, which are threaded, how they are produced and cut etc.

The Aluminum will be of the same quality, which is melt proof. Laser cut rather than Argon etc. the gaskets will also be made to the same high standard. I don't want people to buy this product for it to come right back and slap me round the chops. I will also be having one of these as that's where the idea was born from. Mine will be Red Anonodised and it MUST work.

Superb list updated :thumbs:

I will be having 20 manufactured, so if the list gets to 20 it will help with keeping the Anodising costs down.

I'll post some pics of the Anodised pics later this evening. I personally prefer Anodised colours due to their vibrant effect.

If the first batch sell I'll do another run, so this isn't a limited opportunity.

If could be left bare, polished and sealed. Although with its purpose the lacquer could wear and crack due to its location? Could be tested once fabricated, worth a shot, but doubt the lacquer would hold up.

I don't believe you can clear anodise as its a dye that's included into the electro process.

(you just love my polishing)

Interesting. The only issue being is the Anodising process is only a coating which is only a small amount of Microns thick. I would guess it would be possible to polish off the anodising. Something worth considering though and I'd have a bash at one that's for sure.