*Custom Anodised Plenum Spacers* £170 (next batch March)

Wasso

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sample colour updates B)

4DE07BD4-8D5A-4528-B57C-0CCA46D9EF46-2451-0000010439C4B025.jpg

0C59867A-D928-414D-9AF0-A789DB24D570-2451-000001043F099061.jpg

435DCC8F-5B2E-435C-A4A1-52E43914979F-2451-0000010441E66E76.jpg

Now, if you want lighter or darker please take into account the following.

Lighter : requires less anodising time, this will have a slightly lesser coating, which 'could' fade.

Darker : requires more anodising, no issues, as this creates a thicker coating.

Comments?

Darker purple please :p

No problem. I'll take some higher quality pics at home, but I have to say the colours in the flesh are nice and vivid.

I'm also contemplating a highly polished version for those who have polished upper plenums. This would be extra though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just seen this thread, after a blue one when there ready my good man.

add me to the list. definatly going to have 1 but may have 2 shud the price be reasonable.

colours look great well done :thumbs:

Updated the list for you Tom :thumbs:

I've now received my final quote so early next week I'll post up the price for the spacer etc.

IF we can reach 20 names by the end of next week I'll drop £10 each off the price.

Not on its own Sarah.. It does allow the engine to breathe better as the OEM plenum slopes forward and starves the front banks a bit..

Couple this mod with a "Flyboy" Venturi kit, or an 06 air box. Aftermarket exhaust, race cats/decats and a re-map and you'll appreciate the benefits this spacer will provide :thumbs:

Phil

Do you get any performance gains from fitting a plenum spacer?

Yes there are gains to be had. Info as follows:

Pre 06 the spacer will provide gains, but only reaping those gains via a remap

Fitting a spacer to the 06 revup won't provide any gains, unless you fit the Motordyne MREV2 lower plenum.

HR onward does not require a spacer as the plenum was re-designed.

So in answer to your question they do make gains as above, but as plummerman is saying you may as well add a few more mods whilst you're spending cash on the uprev etc.

So if I got one of these for my 54 plate. What is the next step a remap? So far only changes the air filter to cosworth (just normal panel filter as Zmanalex said this would be best) & iridium spark plugs.

How much you going to sell the spacers for & is it a difficult job to fit?

So if I got one of these for my 54 plate. What is the next step a remap? So far only changes the air filter to cosworth (just normal panel filter as Zmanalex said this would be best) & iridium spark plugs.

How much you going to sell the spacers for & is it a difficult job to fit?

You could remap although if you plan any further mods in the very near future you'll need a further remap. So think about what you plan on doing over the next six months and if there's nothing in the pipeline then go for the mapping.

If you plan on adding more bits such as exhaust items then I'd fit those first then go for the map.

Fitting a spacer is very simple, but then I've worked on my car a fair bit. Can a novice fit one, yes. As easy as reading instructions etc