Shell V power petrolvs Standard Total pertol.

boybiffa

I've had my jap import 350z around 7 months now, i love it would not change it for the world.

From day 1 never put anything else in the tank other than Shell V power, not a single drop of anything else has gone in.

I make a regular trip to Bangor racecourse that is 96.4 miles from my door. So far i have done this journey 9 times in the Z. I went to Bangor on Friday, called in at my normal shell garage to fill up, shock horror a tanker was on the court and no petrol for around 20 mins. I did not have time to wait so had no choice but to put £65 of Total petrol in. Tank was not far off empty when filling i put £60 in same as i normally do at the Shell garage it gets me there and back with bit to spare.

It was a lovely surprise to see the petrol needle up much further than normal, but i was a bit worried about using anything but Shell V power from what i have read on here.

The journey takes me onto the M6 them M54 about two hours ten mins of motorway driving and fast dual carriage way. Once on the 54 i can go bit quicker than i should but is hardly ever any traffic cruise at a nice 90mph for rest of the journey no speed cams.

Now the interesting bits:

The car sounded so much more grunty with the Total petrol, it was load and bloody gorgeous when put my foot down through the gears Everything seemed a bit more lively the acceleration also seemed quicker.

Normally on the Shell V power i get 51km on the Bangor journey. That is 31 miles.

On the Total petrol however i averaged an outstanding 59km that is 36 miles.

Ok so not a massive difference just 5 miles but it's much cheaper petrol and the car felt the best it's ever had. So i ask this should i got back to V Power or stick with Total, i really have no idea and in a bit of a pickle, does it really do any damage long term ? whilst i would save so much money.

I am still a Z novice but i swear the above is correct, any thoughts be most welcome.

keyser bought a broken car and the pistons were literally smashed to pieces due to knocking

That car had been mapped very badly within an inch of its life so not the greatest example... :lol:

Putting £60 of cheap stuff in or £10 is not going to make any difference in the long run, I would ditch the V Power and use Tesco Momentum or Sainsbury's super, both cheaper and the correct Ron :thumbs:

keyser bought a broken car and the pistons were literally smashed to pieces due to knocking

That car had been mapped very badly within an inch of its life so not the greatest example... :lol:

Putting £60 of cheap stuff in or £10 is not going to make any difference in the long run, I would ditch the V Power and use Tesco Momentum or Sainsbury's super, both cheaper and the correct Ron :thumbs:

yeah it was mapped on v-power and then run on normal i'm sure though

From what Keyser said I think it was mapped for rocket fuel and run on moonshine :lol::lol::lol:

From what Keyser said I think it was mapped for rocket fuel and run on moonshine :lol::lol::lol:

I still have the map on my ecu log I'm sure ;)

I still have the map on my ecu log I'm sure ;)

Ah yes you bought the Haltech didn't you....

Most people run super for various reasons but I was told to only ever put 99 or above into an import. I dont think petrol in Japan is alot better than here and even 99 isnt as good as what they have there. My import even by previous owners was run on 99 or the likes. :thumbs:

I say we now lock this thread and make it a sticky so we don't have to answer this question ever again. Keyser's photos say it all!

:lol: it will still get asked and people will still have to either link to this or re type the info. because however good stickies are; people don;t use them, especially if they are new. they don't know their way around, so they just ask a question.

that fuel question coming up again is as gaurenteed as the sun rising tomorrow morning. ;)

I say we now lock this thread and make it a sticky so we don't have to answer this question ever again. Keyser's photos say it all!

:lol: it will still get asked and people will still have to either link to this or re type the info. because however good stickies are; people don;t use them, especially if they are new. they don't know their way around, so they just ask a question.

that fuel question coming up again is as gaurenteed as the sun rising tomorrow morning. ;)

But it's easier for us to find said sticky and refer them to it then to search through loads of posts as we will all know where to find it.

not everyone who buys a car is technically minded. i've sorted cars at work out for colleagues (all female) for issues such as,

"i didn;t know your meant to put air in the tyres or check them"

"it has a what?stick, why would you dip that in oil"

"cars use oil?"

alot of people just buy cars and drive them...until they go bang :lol: