Detailing price?

KyleR

What kind of dough should it cost for an exterior detailing? I've found a mobile guy that charges £140 for a full exterior or £160 if he uses premium products like Dodo juice. He's also an authorized Dodo juice retailer and I was thinking about adding the £20 extra that he charges for cleaning the engine bay.

Do those prices sound reasonable for a guy working out on his own? Maybe too cheap? Too expensive?

if you look on wasso detailing web site {link at bottom of his avatar} he has prices for small med and large cars 350z being classed as med on his site BUT that is just a guide cost as he will qoute on your car and your needs depending what level of service you are after, mine is booked in :yahoo: and will be well worth the money and with wasso and envy you can see some off there work on here and members comments :thumbs:

I would not trust a soul with a buffer at that price. I guess that you won't get swirl removal at that price. The going rate in south Wales is £300 and in Aberdeen £1400. Go figure :bang:

You would be a complete mug to pay £1400 for a detail, I would spend the money respraying the car :scare:

I would not trust a soul with a buffer at that price. I guess that you won't get swirl removal at that price. The going rate in south Wales is £300 and in Aberdeen £1400. Go figure :bang:

You would be a complete mug to pay £1400 for a detail, I would spend the money respraying the car :scare:

People have travelled over from Europe to pay that in Aberdeen. Also, it goes much higher than that too. ;)

Like I said, mugs or too much money to know what to do with :shrug:

Well the books are full until November so there must be plenty people that have too much money!

Anyway, it's all relative I guess and everyone will spend money the way they like.

There are plenty of fly by night detailers out there. those that pick up a DA and think they are a detailer.

Checked Wasso's site, he's about the same price except he charges extra for swirl correction etc, this other site lists it in the £160 price. Maybe I should take a punt at it, what's the worst that can happen, except having a car with no paint on it afterwards :lol:

All I can say is theres oil money in Aberdeen. It's because of that I did the golf r32 for a friend who lives in Aberdeen. Considering the amount of hours and hard work involved there would be a minimum amount I'd expect to pay. However nobody realises that so consider £300-500 to be a huge amount. Everyone knows its worth it in the end :)

Even newly sprayed cars can have horrible defects though.

Thanks guy's

Stunning :thumbs: now if only i could find someone in Northern Ireland to do this to My Zed

For Northern ireland i can recommend these guy's

http://www.bandbautostyle.co.uk

Those guys look good, but at a starting price of £400 for paint correction it's a little out of my budget. I'd rather pay half of that and it not be 100% perfect but be 100% less noticeable.

I found you a leather cleaner so surely you can find a fly by night and there trusty DA Polisher.

:p:p:p:p:teeth::D:teeth::D

I'll let you know how Dr Detail gets on if I choose to bite the bullet. Most of the things i'm looking for at the moment are being put into a big pile of "to do's" for when I win Euro Millions this week :yahoo: Either that of wait until i get it styled the way I want then hit it with a huuuuge detail. These fly by night cowboys will do until then :p

How can people be a 'fly by' detailer. I detail some pretty fancy cars on a regular basis, but when I was starting out I had to be cheap to get work. I worked on my skills for over a year before doing a paid job. Everyone has to start out somewhere. (your comment about DA's though are true, if you want to be a professional, I say get onto the rotary asap)

How can people be a 'fly by' detailer. I detail some pretty fancy cars on a regular basis, but when I was starting out I had to be cheap to get work. I worked on my skills for over a year before doing a paid job. Everyone has to start out somewhere. (your comment about DA's though are true, if you want to be a professional, I say get onto the rotary asap)

My fly by night comment was aimed at those that buy a DA and a week later they are a detailing company.... You know the type I'm sure.

Nothing to do with price etc.

He is playing with you guys.

Stop biting and taking it personnaly:)

:lol: