Detailing price?

KyleR

You could just buy a da and do it yourself. They regularly go on detailing world cheap qith all the pads. It isn't that hard to do

:lol::lol::lol:

I guess it really depends on how much time you have to spare. That and it's not just machining they do.

A da isn't as good as a rotary either.

I have to be honest and say anyone who spends that kind of money on a single detailing session who does not own or have the financial means to own a Hypercar is mad as a shithouse rat.

:lol::lol::lol:

Generally the idea is if you keep on top of it it's not something you need to do too often.

DA is safer as you know and I would have thought you would enjoy doing it to your zed and not be bothered by how long it took. The mOre you put in the more you get out ;)

I totally agree with what you say so now can we break away from this tic-tac-toe and agree to disagree please:)

:yahoo:

I am only trying to share my real world experiences instead of forum led experiences on the world of detailing. I think that having a nice looking car like the 350z detailed is as important as any other mod like exhaust or wheels etc... Its even better having a professional that is well experienced in doing 350z's like Wasso doing it for you. However not everyone (Detailing companies) shares the high expectations you may have on what a detailed car should be so paying someone to do it is a little risky. Like me you may be left with doing it yourself which is no big issue really but it will take alot longer. Also there is the learning curve which is why a da is good to use. The megs microfibre system is very good and would cut down the time considerably. On the other hand you could forget about all this detailing lark and just do the classic srp and wax and not worry about snow foam and swirls. I wish i had sometimes as it would be easier to not worry about it. It can be a bottemless pit for money if you get too caught up in the hype.

What kind of dough should it cost for an exterior detailing? I've found a mobile guy that charges £140 for a full exterior or £160 if he uses premium products like Dodo juice. He's also an authorized Dodo juice retailer and I was thinking about adding the £20 extra that he charges for cleaning the engine bay.

Do those prices sound reasonable for a guy working out on his own? Maybe too cheap? Too expensive?

Contact Rollo at Orchard Car care, he's in your neck of the woods.

For an example of prices I charge forum members on here I charge £180 f0r an inside and out detail using Swissvax/Zymol/Dodo products and its 6-8hrs work as detailed on my websites "what we can do" page.

Best wishes

Tim

What kind of dough should it cost for an exterior detailing? I've found a mobile guy that charges £140 for a full exterior or £160 if he uses premium products like Dodo juice. He's also an authorized Dodo juice retailer and I was thinking about adding the £20 extra that he charges for cleaning the engine bay.

Do those prices sound reasonable for a guy working out on his own? Maybe too cheap? Too expensive?

Contact Rollo at Orchard Car care, he's in your neck of the woods.

For an example of prices I charge forum members on here I charge £180 f0r an inside and out detail using Swissvax/Zymol/Dodo products and its 6-8hrs work as detailed on my websites "what we can do" page.

Best wishes

Tim

Thank's, their not too far away and some of their work looks very good, i'll have to go get a quote from them :thumbs:

I think what Envy and wasso charge are very good.

If you take into account that they are experienced in what they do and what products they use.

Then take note the overheads of running the van-stock ect then to only charge £25 approx is very good.

I expect they make about £15 an hour or less?

This is half of what a mobile mechanic would charge an hour and a quarter of a main line dealership!

And often its the apprentis from the dealership that works on your car.

I know driver's who earn more.

It took me 5 days to do mine (as a learning curve) and l was knackerd.

Plus they would have done a better job.

Once I sort out what/if I am having in the way of bumpers I will not hessitate to use one of them.

;)