Opinions? Rear diffuser

ph 7

I purchased a rear diffuser a few weeks back and I'm not sure what to do. I'm not entirely sure that I'm happy with it and may sell it on here yet. Think i'm just scared of where I will end up with zeditis if I actually have it fitted.

attached are a couple of pics of it balanced on.

Was thinking of coating it in black plasti-dip short term and then getting it sprayed azure when I get the front bumper/bonnet redone.

Also does anyone have experience of fitting this kind of thing, would appreciate and advice for what to use. In an ideal world I'd like to not fix through the bumper In case I ever wish to remove it.

I think my concern of having it another colour is that it will look to 'stuck on' I'm hoping that by keeping it matt or azure it will either look like it is part of the undertray or that it is part of the bumper if azure....

I think my concern of having it another colour is that it will look to 'stuck on' I'm hoping that by keeping it matt or azure it will either look like it is part of the undertray or that it is part of the bumper if azure....

yeah i get your point ,its probably a personal thing for me i always thought diffusers looked better when they kind of stood out in a non tacky way of course

Not my cup of tea... (I should pretty much have that as my sig when responding to these types of threads) :teeth:

...but, I'd go matt black (kind of like it was an aero part from a GT car). Shiny will look like it's been stuck on for show and I think Azure would make the bumper look too "busy".

Looks too "stuck on" in my opinion.

if the 2 side where more shaped into the rear bumper it would likely be ok. but a its stands it looks pretty crap.

Sorry.

hahaha, no need to apologise, that is exactly what I was worried about and I want honest opinions.

I think the concept of it being matt black plastidip will win firstly, but what about fixing? Like I said, I want to be able to remove it for this very reason, if I have it for a few months and realise I don't like it then I want to be able to remove it without trashing either the diffuser or the bumper

Have my scared pants on as it is my first real mod....the ariel and bluetooth module don't count!

Strips of 1mm M3 tape to stick it on with.

It'll be an absolute bugger to get back off no matter how you fix it, but with M3 tape it can be removed from both bumper and diffuser afterwards.

Thanks for the tip on the tape, I'll take a photo of the inside of the unit as I may need to fabricate somewhere for the tape to apply to once I'm back from fleecing tesco of reduced fuel

Not a fan im afraid, it does look stuck on. Perhaps if it were more in line with the rear bumper it would be ok.

Definitely better in a darker colour

It is only balancing on at that point, resting on the exhaust.

I considered blending as an option but that is a permanent fixture then which I was trying to avoid.

The spats are a consideration as well but that wouldn't be an option until I respray the front which is ages away really.

The only other thing I'm thinking of doing black is the roof, I may also plasti-dip that part as well, but I think a gloss vinyl will work alot better as it will match up with the glass borders.

I'm really 50/50 about putting it on at all now.

Here are the pictures of the underside, so can you explain where I would put the tape? as the diffuser is hollow Do I build it up with anything to the height of the edge or am I to put 3m tape around the edge that will touch the bumper?

I purchased a rear diffuser a few weeks back and I'm not sure what to do. I'm not entirely sure that I'm happy with it and may sell it on here yet. Think i'm just scared of where I will end up with zeditis if I actually have it remove it.

Never ever worrie about what others think. If you like it buy it. This dam culture of doing or not doing just to appease others is nonsense.

I suggest if you feel browbeaten or intimidated you don't put pictures up for approval, as what ever you do it will be wrong.

Dangle a pair of fluffy dice from the internal mirror then post the pictures on here.

Then have a good laugh at the comments.

A couple have done similar things just to invoke a reaction.

I of course will be outraged!

:snack:

You are right of course. Certainly don't feel concerned either way of peoples opinions, but value input as I may not have thought of something.

My caution comes from never doing anything like this before coupled with the fact that it was a snap decision to buy it. I normally agonise over a decision before going in..I'm all back to front this time. Additionally, popping my cherry on my new pride and joy is another reason for my reticence. i've taken more things apart on this car than I have ever done with previous cars and that is down to this site.

I'm sure I can come up with something to match the fluffy dice,a trip to the local £1 shop should suffice.

Not a fan im afraid, it does look stuck on. Perhaps if it were more in line with the rear bumper it would be ok.

Definitely better in a darker colour

+1 I am more of a tucked fan myself :thumbs:

TBH it would look better with an aftermarket bumper :thumbs:

This is a picture of what I put on mt car.

Steve sells them.

viewtopic.php?f=180&t=62177

Its the marmite scenario.

I personaly did not like the OEM bumper when there are some nice after market ones out there that wont break the bank.

We all know to well the eagerness and speed that we want to get the Zed the Wow factor, especially after seeing some of the works of art

on here.

But a lot of the guys spent a few years getting to the stage they are now.

A few have advised in the past that you make yourself a list of all that you would like to have done.

Then in the most important order begine the build.

Then we have the Chiken and Egg situation.

Brakes 1st or Power upgrade.

What ever happens you are amongst friends on here:)

Good luck.

:drive1

i had one of these fitted to my zed....i liked it.looks better with nismo side spats fitted as well..only removed mind a couple of months back as wanted a new look....mine was screwed to the bumper.2 x screw up though the exhaust apertures into the buttom of the bumper. ;)

I used Tiger Seal Buster.

The tail pipes were such that even if I predrilled the holes I still could not get the drill in

when I offered it up.

About an hour for the Tiger seal to set and job done.

I will be selling the Bumper complete with defusser soon as I now have an after market one.

B)