Nissan 350Z HR supercharger conversion dyno result

Mark@Abbey m/s

Fitted and tuned another SC kit on a HR 350Z last week, stock motor, stock headers, Berks HFC,s, Milltek Y pipe exhaust system.

still running stock clutch;

before and after dyno runs ( car only had stock CATS and Y pipe but had been Uprev tuned before we saw the car)

350hrbeforeandaftersupe.jpg

By abbeymotorsport at 2012-07-23

Totally different kit on a HR car to your DE car and the motor in a HR is far stronger , the DE motor we don't like to tune it over 360/400 hub bhp due to the weak con rods fitted.

But with a DE motor budget around 7K+ for a drive in any out , have a search around the forum there will be some dyno plots of Stock DE motors fitted with SC tuned by us @ Abbey

Totally different kit on a HR car to your DE car and the motor in a HR is far stronger , the DE motor we don't like to tune it over 360/400 hub bhp due to the weak con rods fitted.

But with a DE motor budget around 7K+ for a drive in any out , have a search around the forum there will be some dyno plots of Stock DE motors fitted with SC tuned by us @ Abbey

And in terms of price how does the HR kit compare to the DE kit?

The DE kit you can use a Vortech kit which is a lot cheaper than the GTM HR kit , but if you require HFC,s full exhaust system and the full SC kit your looking at over 9K easily I am afraid.

To clarify Mark's comment, the DE kit will be over 9k if you need the above.

The HR kit is more like 11k without any of the above, oil cooler or larger sump which Mark recommends - so probably more like 13-14k if you need the above and include the recommendations. Please correct me if that's not what you meant Mark. :)

I'm still probably going to be doing it on my HR, although spending about the value of the car on mods is a little :wacko: to most people.

Is there an uprated rod option for the DE available? I guess the engine comes out to fit the SC int he first place, cant be that much more work to drop the sump off and replace rods and bearings?? :shrug:

I am seriously considering this, particularly after looking at those curves, was this on Uprev or some other management?

The DE kit you can use a Vortech kit which is a lot cheaper than the GTM HR kit , but if you require HFC,s full exhaust system and the full SC kit your looking at over 9K easily I am afraid.

The HR kit is more like 11k without any of the above, oil cooler or larger sump which Mark recommends - so probably more like 13-14k if you need the above and include the recommendations. Please correct me if that's not what you meant Mark. :)

I'm still probably going to be doing it on my HR, although spending about the value of the car on mods is a little :wacko: to most people.

I know it's your money, but spending those kinds of figures is insane imo...... :surrender:

Is there an uprated rod option for the DE available? I guess the engine comes out to fit the SC int he first place, cant be that much more work to drop the sump off and replace rods and bearings?? :shrug:

I am seriously considering this, particularly after looking at those curves, was this on Uprev or some other management?

Full engine strip to fit con-rods and pistons I am afraid.

HR motor is a far better motor to tune good for 500+bhp stock

Totally understandable and acceptable, see my sig :teeth::thumbs::clap::clap:

car loom doesn't connect up to HR engine loom , you need to make a bridging loom.

Front composite panel different. doesnt matter on a N/A conversion but does when you fit either S\C or Turbo conversion.

Fuel pipe's dont fit, modification needed

Radiator/header tank doesn't fit.

ECU needs the NATS turning off.

car loom doesn't connect up to HR engine loom , you need to make a bridging loom.

Front composite panel different. doesnt matter on a N/A conversion but does when you fit either S\C or Turbo conversion.

Fuel pipe's dont fit, modification needed

Radiator/header tank doesn't fit.

ECU needs the NATS turning off.

+ The other list was the parts needed + above.

have a search around the forum there will be some dyno plots of Stock DE motors fitted with SC tuned by us @ Abbey

Here you go my stock DE

running, Vortech V3, FRS, Walbro, injectors, Oil sump, Cooler, HFC`s, Milltek &plenum spacer

DAZ450_2.jpg

DAZ450_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

All the internals have been done on my car by you guys, in terms of more grunt what can I do next apart from forced induction. I am up for spending some mone but £6 to 9K just feels wrong. Nox maybe ?

garygtd :scare:

What did we do on your car GaryGTD?

Nos will give you a gin like Wasso had fitted but the bottle runs out pretty quickly , good fro the drag strip but not on the road to be used all the time.